Past #17: Aaron Mullett - 85 NM games/31 goals - ‘11 Rookie Draft - Fish —> Carlton as DFA Nov’17

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Aaron Mullett

Our second pick in the Rookie Draft (#34). Again was expected to go in the ND with Essendon keen. From AFL.com.au:

Height: 184cm
Weight: 73kg
DOB: 23/02/92
Club: Eastern Ranges (Vic)

Kevin Sheehan says: Smooth-moving left-footer who has ability overhead and is neat with hand and foot. Vic Metro representative in the 2010 NAB AFL Under-18 Championships. He averaged 20 disposals at Eastern Ranges at 66 per cent efficiency and five marks.

In his own words:

What type of player are you?
Team-first player, determined, quick running player, clean disposal with a penetrating left foot. Good decision-making under pressure.

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble, and why?
Lindsay Gilbee, with his run and carry and penetrating kick into the forwards. Quick hands and good under pressure. Beats his man, one on one.

What are your strengths as a footballer?
My strengths are my run and carry, elite kick (both feet), good overhead mark, able to beat my opponent one on one, good vision and awareness in traffic.

What parts of your game would you like to improve?
I would like to up my gut running and intensity at the ball. My game would improve with more body weight and strength.

Which AFL team do you support and how did you come to barrack for them?
My parents have always barracked for Collingwood and my two older brothers were also Collingwood supporters.

Who has been the biggest influence on your career so far, and why?
My oldest brother Ryan has been the biggest influence on my career because he is an elite player and gives me constructive feedback, he always pushes me to the next level and is encouraging and supportive.

Some vision of him here..http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/102350/default.aspx

I really hope it's this kind of x-factor

images

stop me now, or i'll just waste the whole day

Kevin Sheehan says: He averaged 20 disposals at Eastern Ranges at 66 per cent efficiency and five marks.

In his own words:

What are your strengths as a footballer?

My strengths are my run and carry, elite kick (both feet), good overhead mark, able to beat my opponent one on one, good vision and awareness in traffic.

:confused:

don't know who he is.

Info, anyone?

Nobody knows who is yet - but i guarentee ya they will find out very soon - this kid is a gun.

He is very similar to a young Luke Hodge - i know thats a big call, but I'm rapt we got him. We seriously have an unbelievable midfield brigade.

They just need some time to play together and we are going to be very hard to beat.

Nobody knows who is yet - but i guarentee ya they will find out very soon - this kid is a gun.

He is very similar to a young Luke Hodge - i know thats a big call, but I'm rapt we got him. We seriously have an unbelievable midfield brigade.

They just need some time to play together and we are going to be very hard to beat.

He averaged 20 possessions for Vic Metro so the kid must have some ability.

Aaron has been awarded the number 41 jumper which is the first jumper worn by the likes of Ken Montgomery, Mark Dawson, Matthew Larkin, John McCarthy, Craig Scholl and of course, the freak show, Adrian McAdam.

It's good to see us addressing our skills deficiency. Welcome aboard Aaron.

As anyone who lived through the 80's would attest, or who lives in the outer Northern 'burbs of Adelaide thesedays would also, you can never have enough mullet(t).

We really are assembling a good deep midfield group now. Let's hope these lads can go on in leaps and bounds TM Paul Kelly and really forge a solid AFL career with the mighty NMFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reminds me a lot of Jesse Crichton who was drafted from Tassie to Freeo last year.
Good player is Crichton.

Mullet looks a bit of a goer and can take a hanger. Good to get a lefty onto the list too. Nice pick up.

The addition of Mullett makes it 22 players on the list drafted in the last 3 years.

Mullet looks a bit of a goer and can take a hanger. Good to get a lefty onto the list too. Nice pick up.

Haven't seen the highlights yet, but your description does remind me of another bloke who used to play 300 odd games for us, wearing number 7.

Haven't seen the highlights yet, but your description does remind me of another bloke who used to play 300 odd games for us, wearing number 7.
Geez, we can only hope.

If only Simmo had Mullett's left peg though. It looks a weapon. I think it is an indication of the eveness of this crop of players where a guy like Mullett can slip through to the rookie draft when all desriptions of him are very positive. Descriptions such as 'hard at it' and 'made of steel' have been bandied about by some respected posters who know a bit about their junior footy. By all accounts he is every bit as good as many who went mid to late in the ND, just a little light on. I like the look of him.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back