Past #17: Aaron Mullett - 85 NM games/31 goals - ‘11 Rookie Draft - Fish —> Carlton as DFA Nov’17

Remove this Banner Ad

He has lost the best thing about him and thats his speed. If wrighty or McDonald were available he'd be first out.

Would be open to the idea of trading him at seasons end, never going to be a world beater.

He has lost the best thing about him and thats his speed. If wrighty or McDonald were available he'd be first out.

Would be open to the idea of trading him at seasons end, never going to be a world beater.
This is what I can't understand..I recall he had ankle problems last year, maybe his lost pace is from that. He has been slightly better the past two weeks but he has lost his biggest asset along with his kicking. I think his kicking issues are from lacknof confidence and being out of AFL for awhile.

A bit of analysis

He has great marking ability and played predominately forward in his best year

Wish brad would just try it for even half a quarter, when he plays closer to the goal he is more damaging

Don't have the luxury unfortunately with our injuries

Most disappointing player this year for mine.
Has showed nothing in his game time.
Few of the senior boys have been out of touch understandably, but Aaron hasn't fired a shot out of making an AFL career.
So sad.

So far off it it's not funny. Should have traded him to Melbourne last year when we had the chance.

No intensity and his one on one work is embarrassing.

Does anyone think his kicking style has changed? He used to kick lower flat passes but now every kick seems to be really loopy and he doesn't seem to have as much penetration in his kicking.

He plays with so much more influence half forward and can kick goals. Absolutey stinks as a defender and I feel like he knows that too (confidence is low, deer in headlights)

Just like playing Jacobs in the back line for years when that never suited him

Get rid of the ***** structures crap BS. The likes of Hawks rotate all their players in different roles to have that at their arsenal to throw the other team off

He plays with so much more influence half forward and can kick goals. Absolutey stinks as a defender and I feel like he knows that too (confidence is low, deer in headlights)

Just like playing Jacobs in the back line for years when that never suited him

Get rid of the ***** structures crap BS. The likes of Hawks rotate all their players in different roles to have that at their arsenal to throw the other team off

It just aint Brad's thing to have swingmen and throw the team around, he wants a structure and wants everyone to follow the process and by doing this over and over again he thinks we will be better, this is understandable when everything is going our way. Problem is nothing is going our way right now.

It just aint Brad's thing to have swingmen and throw the team around, he wants a structure and wants everyone to follow the process and by doing this over and over again he thinks we will be better, this is understandable when everything is going our way. Problem is nothing is going our way right now.

It needs to change.

Perfect example last night, Rioli played in the middle, half forward, deep forward, hodge played down back, in the middle and other players rotated through roles the entire night. This causes huge headaches for the opposition as it throws off their "structures" and also develops a very well balanced team

If they cop a injury to a defender they have a abundance of other players that can move back their to do the role as they have been provided that experience before (versatility skills)

Structures is way over rated nowadays

So far off it it's not funny. Should have traded him to Melbourne last year when we had the chance.

No intensity and his one on one work is embarrassing.

Does anyone think his kicking style has changed? He used to kick lower flat passes but now every kick seems to be really loopy and he doesn't seem to have as much penetration in his kicking.
IIRC, that Melbourne trade option was the year before last. Last year he was already not required by other clubs.
He has been recontracted for 2 years last year I think, which means he will still be here next year. But has only really had one promising season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, you don't think that when the Swans offer him $500K this time next year we'll look pretty damn stupid?

Its a poor comparison though.

Wood has shown elite qualities from day one, as many here have suggested. The fact we didn't lock him (unlike we have for less talented players quite favorably) has only upped his price. (in the event we haven't already tried but he rejected)

Comparing Mullett is way off.

Last edited:

Wood has shown elite qualities from day one, as many here have suggested. The fact we didn't lock him (unlike we have for less talented players quite favorably) has only upped his price. (in the event we haven't already tried but he rejected)

probably no further off then comparing Wood to Carey. ;)

Exactly. Wood kicked 3 on debut and hasn't really put a foot wrong since.

The poster who suggested that was how his confidence and strut on field, not performance.

I agree with that, and like it about him :thumbsu:

would that be the confidence and strut from his 1 goal 6 or 7 points last year?

Woods soft underbelly has always been the issue, not sure he has totally got over that, this is the first year that it looks likely so a bit of a stretch to say we knew he had it all after his first game. but look whatever rocks your boat, I think Maj offers just as much in a different role, so we all have our biases.

Most disappointing player this year for mine.
Has showed nothing in his game time.
Few of the senior boys have been out of touch understandably, but Aaron hasn't fired a shot out of making an AFL career.
So sad.
Same s**t, different week. Embarrassing player representing the club. tfeh

How many times did he run under the flight of the ball and let a Port player have an uncontested mark? Too many of our players are making those really basic types of errors recently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back