Senior 17. Brodie Kemp

Remove this Banner Ad

Really looking forward to see Brodie out there. Hope everyone can stay a little patient and let the kid settle, hasn't played in a long, long time. Expectations can be a distraction he doesn't need right now.

Remember this is a 10+ year investment, don't expect too much from his first outing.

Ripping kid from a great family, we breed 'em well up here in Echuca.

Really looking forward to see Brodie out there. Hope everyone can stay a little patient and let the kid settle, hasn't played in a long, long time. Expectations can be a distraction he doesn't need right now.

Remember this is a 10+ year investment, don't expect too much from his first outing.

Ripping kid from a great family, we breed 'em well up here in Echuca.

Waiting for people to want him in the 22 this week or next week..... :rolleyes:

Brodie did his knee nearly two full years ago now. There's a bit of research out there suggesting two years is the actual time frame for full recovery from ACL reconstruction, to regain sensation of the knee joint and associated proprioception that will help prevent re-injury.

So glad he's got this time under his belt now. Good luck lad, hopefully it's all uphill from here in Navy Blue.

Waiting for people to want him in the 22 this week or next week..... :rolleyes:

Nah - got taken after Dow - so 4 years for Paddy in the VFL, then 5 in the reserves at least, should be about right for Kemp before debuting in the back pocket.... . Because - you know - that's LITERALLY whats happening.... But yeah - we're all saying bring the kids in after one week.

If Brodie can get through an hour of footy this weekend, and get a couple of kicks, I'll be rapt - I hope he's been asked to just head out there and have a run, and enjoy it with no pressure. He must be stoked to get back on the park, and I'm so excited for the big fella.

Plenty of time to work out his best spot, but I just hope we don't pigeon hole him too firmly too quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What have we got on our hands here?

From what everyone has said from his draft year he can be a midfielder but is this legit or preseason esk hyperbole. The club has said he’ll start from half back but isn’t he huge?

Has he played as a defender before?

Too many questions sorry fam

What have we got on our hands here?

From what everyone has said from his draft year he can be a midfielder but is this legit or preseason esk hyperbole. The club has said he’ll start from half back but isn’t he huge?

Has he played as a defender before?

Too many questions sorry fam

Played as a HB in his junior days then mid and forward.

Brodie did his knee nearly two full years ago now. There's a bit of research out there suggesting two years is the actual time frame for full recovery from ACL reconstruction, to regain sensation of the knee joint and associated proprioception that will help prevent re-injury.

So glad he's got this time under his belt now. Good luck lad, hopefully it's all uphill from here in Navy Blue.

The syndesmosis injury was all part of Russell's clever knee rehab plan! ;)

Nope. Newman, Saad or Parks can though.

Wouldn’t trust Newman or Parks on the gun pure smalls and we don’t want to play Saad on them. He needs to be the main driver off half back.

Plowman stays best 22. Longer term I hope we find a more traditional nuggety type shut down back pocket but for now he copes reasonably well. Treated unfairly here IMO.

... you want the x-factor utility that won games off his own boot from the midfield, the forward and the back halves with his marking and desire to win to take the role of hard stopper/intercept?
I think Kemp naturally does a fair bit of intercepting when playing down back, but I definitely don't want him playing a full-on lockdown role

I’d prefer he takes Plowman’s spot.

You know as well as well as I do that Plowman will feature highly on the BnF.

Not enough love for Plowman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back