Handballs: 6.9 per game
Disposals: 16.2 per game
Marks: 4.4 per game
Tackles: 3.6 per game

Milestones

500th career kick
1000th career disposal

Standout

Round 18, 2019 (versus Geelong Cats): Earned three Yabby medal votes for an outstanding performance across half-back against the Cats. He picked up 23 disposals (including 15 kicks) and took 10 marks (including multiple intercept marks) as he was sent into defence by Clarkson. He fitted in nicely in a defence that held the Cats to 61 points.

Shocker

Round 7, 2019 (versus Melbourne Demons): Although on paper his statistics weren't too bad (12 disposals, seven tackles) he clearly irked the Hawthorn selectors as he was dropped after this match and wouldn't play again until round 15, against the Eagles.

17 - Daniel Howe (2018)

Surely must think to model his game on Cameron Ling. His best games have been as a stopper.
I actually think his best footy's been played on the half-back line.

Seems we still have a decent glut of players fit to play across the HB line, even after trading Ryan Burton out of the squad.

Reckon we'd benefit a lot by one of him/cousins taking the next step from being the 20-22nd man to being someone who the opposition has to think about running through the midfield. Howe looks more suited to a stopper/run with role but I'd say Cousins looks like he'd be able to win more of his own ball and hit the scoreboard.

I’d love for him to become our top tier big bodied midfielder like Josh Kennedy 😭

Looked great across half back as well this season. I just think it’ll all come together and click soon enough and Howe will eventually be a powerful inside mid.

Whipping boy for a few supporters but ran valuable interference for JOM and is one of our few players with a genuine physical grunt
Sure there are issues re pace but he makes the kids around him walk taller
He’s a tough prick...earned a contract purely on hard work.....good on ya howey.

I think this guy needs a proper shout out. We have some tough/brave players on our list but Howe is numero uno in terms of that. Constantly puts his body in dangerous positions with no fuss. Has become a very handy link up player and has also become quite a reliable goalkicker too.

For all the supporters who have criticised him over the years, you'd have to at least respect the way he goes about it.

I know many on here are open to the idea of trading him out as his value has increased and many also don't want to lose him now. Whatever happens we better get proper value for him if he is traded, otherwise keep him (if he wants to). Great depth at worst.

Onya Howey.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back