Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - 5 more years! (Contracted until 2027)

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations on Rioli not getting Coaches votes RJK, you must be over the moon about it. 😂

If you will allow me one annoying correction, it would only be possible for a player to get 100 votes in 10 matches, not 300. Sorry to take away 2/3rds of your reason to party. 😁

No - he has had access to 300 points. The coaches have given out 300 votes, total in games he has played

He has gotten 1. He may have a maximum of 100 to achieve, but that is not really relevant to Dan as he has received only 1, while in the games he has played 299 votes has been given to other people on the field.

Hope this clears up a very simple statement for you

Damn, RJK Tiger will now have to cut short his delirious celebrations triggered by Dan Rioli not getting a coaches vote.

Comiserations RJK at Rioli’s selection in the rolling All Australian team. We are here for you mate. 😉

reckon i am going to lean on the AFLCA votes here & not "who the * is " Lauren Wood from the toilet roll called the Hearld Sun opinion piece. Do you take your political advice of Sky News too?

No - he has had access to 300 points. The coaches have given out 300 votes, total in games he has played

He has gotten 1. He may have a maximum of 100 to achieve, but that is not really relevant to Dan as he has received only 1, while in the games he has played 299 votes has been given to other people on the field.

Hope this clears up a very simple statement for you

Apologies for being a pest here by presenting facts….whether Rioli gets votes or not there are 200 votes that are not available to him, no matter what. So you can cease your full party mode and return to 33% party mode thank you very much. That’s 200 less reasons I just provided for you to party RJK. 😂😂

Apologies for being a pest here by presenting facts….whether Rioli gets votes or not there are 200 votes that are not available to him, no matter what. So you can cease your full party mode and return to 33% party mode thank you very much. That’s 200 less reasons I just provided for you to party RJK.

Can someone please tell me how many AFLCA coach’s votes the greatest defender of the last 6-years in Dylan Grimes has received? I’ve got a sick feeling it may be less than 20 out of a possible 1,200 or so (or 3,600 ….;). I’m now genuinely concerned I’ve greatly overrated him, as from memory he’s got about 2 Brownlow votes in the same period. I can’t believe our coach and oppo coaches don’t rate him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Was he marking Stengle tho? Agree that his run off half back was sensational at times but dangerous opponents like Stengle will keep you very honest in your defensive focus which is a good thing in the bigger scheme of things for Dan Rioli

On CPH1941 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was he marking Stengle tho? Agree that his run off half back was sensational at times but dangerous opponents like Stengle will keep you very honest in your defensive focus which is a good thing in the bigger scheme of things for Dan Rioli

On CPH1941 using BigFooty.com mobile app

No, Baker was. Rioli had Close and Miers at times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does RKT have any updated thoughts on Rioli playing as a HBF? Still want him up forward? The wider footy world are now mentioning him in AA talks … certainly as a squad member. Surely now is the time to fall on your sword RKT and accept that HBF is where Rioli should …. and will…. play the remainder of his career.

Does RKT have any updated thoughts on Rioli playing as a HBF? Still want him up forward? The wider footy world are now mentioning him in AA talks … certainly as a squad member. Surely now is the time to fall on your sword RKT and accept that HBF is where Rioli should …. and will…. play the remainder of his career.

RJK Tiger any last comments before Dan Rigoali gets 8 or more coaches votes this week? 😉

Nah Drioli is sh!t in the backline and should be played foward with his uncle 'Apparently'

I was secretly hoping Dan got no coaches votes to give RJK Tiger a bit of ammo to return to the thread, but the 10 votes takes away RJK’s final leg to stand his argument on so guessing we won’t see him back here any time soon, unless he has a change of heart and admits he was wro….wro……wro….wro…rrrrr. 😂

Dan Rioli is turning into a hell of a weapon with his damaging run off half back, I cannot think of another half back like him in that regard, possibly Adam Sad of the Carlton FC, but Rioli is penetrating a lot deeper forward and just dropping his opponents off with these long searching runs. His 0.8 goals + goal assists per game is very high for a half back, even amongst the dominant half back cohort of Dawson, Rich, Sad, Docherty, Dale, Daniel, Dawson, Daicos, Sinclair, Redman. I think these are essentially the players he will be competing with for AA squad selection and of them only Dawson(1.1 average per game) has more goals + goal assists this season. Many of these players are barely registering in goals and goal assists.

Dan is fast becoming our Mr Damage….

I was secretly hoping Dan got no coaches votes to give RJK Tiger a bit of ammo to return to the thread, but the 10 votes takes away RJK’s final leg to stand his argument on so guessing we won’t see him back here any time soon, unless he has a change of heart and admits he was wro….wro……wro….wro…rrrrr. 😂

Dan Rioli is turning into a hell of a weapon with his damaging run off half back, I cannot think of another half back like him in that regard, possibly Adam Sad of the Carlton FC, but Rioli is penetrating a lot deeper forward and just dropping his opponents off with these long searching runs. His 0.8 goals + goal assists per game is very high for a half back, even amongst the dominant half back cohort of Dawson, Rich, Sad, Docherty, Dale, Daniel, Dawson, Daicos, Sinclair, Redman. I think these are essentially the players he will be competing with for AA squad selection and of them only Dawson(1.1 average per game) has more goals + goal assists this season. Many of these players are barely registering in goals and goal assists.

Dan is fast becoming our Mr Damage….

Not to mention the media now talking about Daniel Rioli as AA

I keep laughing and thinking about this thread and the usual people that sh!t on our players every time i hear somebody in the media showing the love for Dan Rioli. They know exactly who they are and just quietly read the thread with the B4LLs to comment any more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back