Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - 5 more years! (Contracted until 2027)

Remove this Banner Ad

Could have easily tanked to get to us.

It might be a little far fetched but a player with so many similarities to Cyril including bloodlines should really be taken in the top 5. There was a reason we didn't give up our first in the Yarran trade, we knew other clubs would have taken him soon after.... Hawthorn.

Could have easily tanked to get to us.

It might be a little far fetched but a player with so many similarities to Cyril including bloodlines should really be taken in the top 5. There was a reason we didn't give up our first in the Yarran trade, we knew other clubs would have taken him soon after.... Hawthorn.
I think it was said at the time of drafting that Rioli would have been at Hawthorn if we hadn't taken him. I know a lot of people questioned us taking Daniel when we did but if we wanted him we had to take him when we did and I'm so glad our recruiters drafted him!

Always thought he was going to be a really good player for us... I was wrong..He's going to be so much better than that...

I'll be honest I didn't think it was a good pick at the time. Glad I'm wrong this kid is a star. When you know you know. You can just tell he's quality and he's going to get better. Apart from his skills that little 10 meter sprint he can do to open up the next chain in play. It's beautiful

I'll be honest I didn't think it was a good pick at the time. Glad I'm wrong this kid is a star. When you know you know. You can just tell he's quality and he's going to get better. Apart from his skills that little 10 meter sprint he can do to open up the next chain in play. It's beautiful

He was quick last year, this year he is bloody electric. That play when he kicked it to the top of the square late, not sure who the crow small was but Daniel made it look like he was standing still.

Bold statement but i reckon he might be the fastest player in the comp.

He was quick last year, this year he is bloody electric. That play when he kicked it to the top of the square late, not sure who the crow small was but Daniel made it look like he was standing still.

Bold statement but i reckon he might be the fastest player in the comp.
What's the next level above delicious?

What's the next level above delicious?

Bootylicious?

giphy.gif

Its nice to nail one at the draft table for a change. Plenty of examples of poor selections over the years but it's looking as though this one will go down as a big tick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never wanted him...wanted anyone but him...thought he was too small and hyped because of his name...wasted draft pick!
Wrong..very wrong!...I was wrong!
Looks a very fine young player with x-factor and can only get better! Excitement machine plus +!!!

Gee he s gonna be exciting this kid, is learning to use the pace he s blessed with to Scoot from traffic . That last play was magic , pity we couldn't clunk a mark from it it in the sq. loving seeing no 17 back in the thick of it

I think it's just the start for Daniel. It is conceivable he will improve in all facets over his 1st five years then more gradually after that. Even in speed/power...very exciting......:eek:

Never wanted him...wanted anyone but him...thought he was too small and hyped because of his name...wasted draft pick!
Wrong..very wrong!...I was wrong!
Looks a very fine young player with x-factor and can only get better! Excitement machine plus +!!!
And then there's Maurice Jr to come.

Loved the passage when he burst away from 3 oppositions players, slipped and then sprang to his feet and took off again while his chasers looked like they were trying to catch a handful of wind.

He just looks so clean and poised with the ball and with his added size, he shows increased desperation - leaping on the ball, feeding it out and then jumping to his feet to get the ball back again. I can't remember a Richmond player like him. All this from one game!!!

I think he is going to make our forwardline so much more dangerous and unpredictable in 2017!

Was very sceptical about Rioli when we drafted him, thought we might of went early on him because of the name. Was pretty flat because there were blokes I rated still available at the time.

But geez, the kid has proved me wrong. Is gonna be a bloody good player. Can't wait for when he starts to link up with Magic Jnr in a few years time!

Was very sceptical about Rioli when we drafted him, thought we might of went early on him because of the name. Was pretty flat because there were blokes I rated still available at the time.

But geez, the kid has proved me wrong. Is gonna be a bloody good player. Can't wait for when he starts to link up with Magic Jnr in a few years time!
I can't wait for Bolton and him to create so much electricity up forward, they'll completely fry the opposition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back