Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - 5 more years! (Contracted until 2027)

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing that I am most impressed with Daniel, is his determination and desire to hunt the ball and the man.
You can see that he wants to be a champion of the game. Extremely humble as well.
Just a ripper!! Team success or not, Daniel Rioli will be a joy to watch for many years to come.
Thrilled he is a tiger!!

No insult to Titch but Rioli's tracking on a different plane. The way he moved/thought last night...rapid development. What ceiling would you put on Rioli's potential? My prediction: in contention for AA squad end of next year and eventually in the top 20 players in the comp (if no major injuries etc.)

Very bold lol, development isn't linear

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dan seems to be the genuine article. Is developing fast, is mature and displays serious leadership, and has a heap of talent, plus is fast and keeps running. That all tracks into him moving form being a small forward to being a dangerous running mid that also scores goals. ATM he is at the bottom of our 22 just due to size and experience. But he seems to have the look of a young Cotch (maybe even better for experience). you just know they are good and will be at worst a damn fine AFL player. And they could quite easily win the Brownlow (Drug cheats aside)

many have looked something like, but have not made it. Something about young Daniel makes me confident about him.

Watched the round 8 game against Sydney last night and Rioli has put on a heap of size since then! Can really notice it in comparison to the first JLT game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah he really has!
After the first intraclub I reported he didn't look as big as we thought, nor did he do much.

But against Adelaide he really did look bigger and his ability.. wow has he improved.

Gonna be a mouthwatering superstar for us, right when we really needed a gun small.

Edit: another plus is he isn't even that small, he's pushing 180.

Is not just a flashy indigenous player with tricks - is a genuine footballer.
That dash through two Crows on our forward flank on the boundary late in the game when he first tapped it to his own advantage before taking possession....
That's the mark of a footballer who understands the game.
Add this to his hunger for the tackle - looking to find someone to pressure, hard to teach that, its instinctive.

It's like last year as a first year player he was not quite ready to assert himself - now even before his second season he is and has confidence in his own ability to just go for it.

SIGN HIM NOW TIGERS!!!!!!

Some real genuine hope with this kid.
Looked much stronger, especially through the backside and thighs.
What really impresses me is his appetite for the contest and willingness to do the team things.
Inspired selection by our much maligned drafting panel! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am warming to the idea of playing Rioli on a wing allowing us to play Butler and if he shows enough Bolton fwd.He could probably even rotate with Butler on a wing..

Worrying thing is the hype yes he looked good but geez thats a practise game and there was plenty that needs working on.
As i have said before im starting to feel sorry for this kid already you can see the expectation building already.

Nah...not a winger!
Has every single attribute needed to play wing both offensively and defensively.
FMD SURELY WE WANT BLOKES WHO HAVE GOOD DISPOSAL, GREAT PACE, GREAT MOTOR, RUN BOTH WAYS, rUN THE LINES, TACKLES AND CAN KICK A GOAL.
Imo thats a winger to a tee., hang on sorry caps on wont redo.
As stated im warming to the idea of playing him there allowing us to play other natural fwds in the fwd half.

Has every single attribute needed to play wing both offensively and defensively.
FMD SURELY WE WANT BLOKES WHO HAVE GOOD DISPOSAL, GREAT PACE, GREAT MOTOR, RUN BOTH WAYS, rUN THE LINES, TACKLES AND CAN KICK A GOAL.
Imo thats a winger to a tee., hang on sorry caps on wont redo.
Yep they are all the attributes you want for a winger!
But i would not want Rioli playing as a winger!
K-mac can do it...BEllis can do it...
Rioli i would want on the ball...in the foward line...with cameos in the center...too good for wing!
Hawthorn dont play Cyril on the wing! Crows dont play Betts on the wing!

Very bold lol, development isn't linear

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Just seemed to be seeing the game a step ahead of others last week..

But yeah, I was perhaps a year too ambitious in my prediction, but wouldn't be too surprised to see him improve from 16th to 10-11th in the JackDyer this year (ca. Top 200 in the league), top 5-6 in the JD next year (ca. Top 100 in the league), then he needs to take another step to be fringe AA squad (ca. Top 50-60 league wide)

I was pleasantly impressed with Riolis performance last week. Really liked the way he played and the hunger for the ball.
Looks like the only guy who can consistently tackle and got hunting for one.
Showed some nice skills, good pace and pressure.
Hope he has a really big year.

Now just need to get Bolton to line up alongside him up forward and see what damage they can do together.

Sterge
NaturalDisaster

I was pleasantly impressed with Riolis performance last week. Really liked the way he played and the hunger for the ball.

Now just need to get Bolton to line up alongside him up forward and see what damage they can do together.

Sterge
NaturalDisaster
Article in tomorrow's HS saying he's about to sign longer term extension. Quotes from his manager that they're not looking beyond RFC. Sorry I don't know how to post link - but very happy with this.

Sterge
NaturalDisaster

Always good to see new faces on the board, keep up the good work mate. Feel free to pm me if you need anything

eb75fb74ec74d14a683bab9c4059167a.jpg

Epic news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back