Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - 5 more years! (Contracted until 2027)

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough if hes dropped but we literally brought no fast small forward in

how is our depth so low in this department. Ffs saints have more depth here than us
Same qty of small forwards as the flag team last year though. And tbh we looked more balanced with 2 pressure smalls that the 3

If we lose I bet everyone that wanted Rioli out will be saying get him back in..

Honestly - both the Rioli-is-hopeless and Rioli-can-do-no-wrong posters are making the thread hard to read.

Pointing out that other people have been posting crap is not a great excuse for posting crap yourself.

You were quiet when they were posting crap though. If more people called out the original attacks on poster opinions then we wouldn’t get such a cesspool now.

There are plenty of genuine squibs out there playing AFL (for other teams).

Rioli has become one unfortunately. That’s what he needs to work on for the next couple of weeks in the twos

Happy with this. Should need to play a few weeks of good footy rather than the customary dropped for a week, do nothing in the VFL and get a recall.

Eggmolesse-Smith is an interesting replacement though, doesn't strike me as a pressure forward so not sure they'll play him back with Short and Baker there.

Happy with this. Should need to play a few weeks of good footy rather than the customary dropped for a week, do nothing in the VFL and get a recall.

Eggmolesse-Smith is an interesting replacement though, doesn't strike me as a pressure forward so not sure they'll play him back with Short and Baker there.
Caddy forward ,Pickett back to wing , egg back

Same qty of small forwards as the flag team last year though. And tbh we looked more balanced with 2 pressure smalls that the 3

yeah we have lambo/shedwardo/bolton rotating forward anyway who are better than most teams small forwards

plus cotch occasionally

Jokers getting their jollies off that they were right Rioli is a squib, Rioli is s**t congratulations. Golf clap. Good for you. Nobody got "attacked", just called out by actual supporters. Funny word that. Supporter.

So, apologies to anyone I offended by differing with their opinion. It was prpbably more about you being so vitriolic and nasty about one of our gems. A three time Premiership player (who incidentally, I didn't hear anyone bitching about AFTER every flag).

Here's an idea, maybe go hang some s**t on players that DONT play for us. Novel idea I know.

For what its worth, form is temporary, class is permanent. Not much class shown here over the last few weeks.

Dan will be back, win a final or something off his own boot and then we can do the whole humble pie bullshit thing again hey.

And egg likes body contact?....putting a lot of faith in young arts , and a lot of faith in the scrambled egg
Egg has played less than 20 games.Rioli has had more than enough time to cement his spot, time to give someone else opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh wow, a few were talking about the MC and how Rioli floats on air.......well, does that mean I’m a year ahead?
finally they made a call on Rioli. Edit, finally we got validated with our criticism.

we do have a brain.

Rioli is dropped early season for a third time in his career. This works as validation for your view of him….

Rioli gets selected 97 times including 12 of 12 finals this doesn’t act as validation for the alternative view of him. Right, makes sense.

Jokers getting their jollies off that they were right Rioli is a squib, Rioli is sh*t congratulations. Golf clap. Good for you. Nobody got "attacked", just called out by actual supporters. Funny word that. Supporter.

So, apologies to anyone I offended by differing with their opinion. It was prpbably more about you being so vitriolic and nasty about one of our gems. A three time Premiership player (who incidentally, I didn't hear anyone bitching about AFTER every flag).

Here's an idea, maybe go hang some sh*t on players that DONT play for us. Novel idea I know.

For what its worth, form is temporary, class is permanent. Not much class shown here over the last few weeks.

Dan will be back, win a final or something off his own boot and then we can do the whole humble pie bullshit thing again hey.
Calm down mate. He is out of form and deserves to be dropped. No one has said get rid of him. He needs to fight his way back and then play well enough to cement his spot.

Calm down mate. He is out of form and deserves to be dropped. No one has said get rid of him. He needs to fight his way back and then play well enough to cement his spot.

Speaking for myself on Rioli I am acting on the assumption that the match committee knows whether he should be selected or not. It seems to me a lot of other posters here have supported Rioli’s selection for the same reason. So it stands to reason we would also support his omission by the match committee on the same basis, that they would know best.

People that picked Rioli was out of nick and needed a rest, well done, good spot. But where posters are throwing in that he has been rubbish for 3 seasons etc, this doesn’t stand to reason. Why would he have been picked in 12 of 12 finals in the best team in the competition if he was rubbish?

I was the person who said that he turns his body to the side. Go and look at videos. I have. I never said he's a coward, just that he has a bad habit and he fumbles because of it. Never said he was a coward.
Fair enough. Happy to take your word for it sregit. But that was the implication I took from it. Plenty here questioning his courage. 178cm small forward. Hardly a shirker imo. Have to agree to dissagree with you on turning to the side in certain circumstances. It's what kids are being taught now with ball on the ground in dispute.

I always remain calm mate. If detractors here had simply said he's out of form and needs a rest even I might have agreed with that. But you know from reading the same posts I have that it was bordering on character assassination. One of our own flag heroes. * that.

I always remain calm mate. If detractors here had simply said he's out of form and needs a rest even I might have agreed with that. But you know from reading the same posts I have that it was bordering on character assassination. One of our own flag heroes. fu** that.
I've read the posts and I don't read character assassination in to it. I think like me that others are disappointed with his performances lately and in the last 12 - 24 months. We all understand that he applies defensive pressure but believe he should be much better than he's delivering. Also I think he's been afforded a lot more opportunity / games than others that are around the fringes of selection. I hope he can get it together and not just get back in the side but cement a spot by becoming a quality consistent performer. I do fear that others may go past him.

Jokers getting their jollies off that they were right Rioli is a squib, Rioli is sh*t congratulations. Golf clap. Good for you. Nobody got "attacked", just called out by actual supporters. Funny word that. Supporter.

Here's an idea, maybe go hang some sh*t on players that DONT play for us. Novel idea I know.

I’m sorry did us calling out Riolis out of form offend you? Tough, he has been out of form and like most of us we would like another player given the opportunity to play. Simples.

Fair enough. Happy to take your word for it sregit. But that was the implication I took from it. Plenty here questioning his courage. 178cm small forward. Hardly a shirker imo. Have to agree to dissagree with you on turning to the side in certain circumstances. It's what kids are being taught now with ball on the ground in dispute.
He also turns his body in the air when flying for marks. Instead of taking it on the chest, it then spills off his hands/arms. Go watch video. Look at his attempts to mark, last week as example

I always remain calm mate. If detractors here had simply said he's out of form and needs a rest even I might have agreed with that. But you know from reading the same posts I have that it was bordering on character assassination. One of our own flag heroes. fu** that.
I dont think it was character assassination. People just want our best team on the park. Nothing wrong with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back