Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - 5 more years! (Contracted until 2027)

Apr 12, 2015
Nathalia Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Leeds United
Woahh I expected to wake up this morning with swearing cursing and all the other BS when I saw he was dropped and who replaced him a real statement that lol. total reversal than what I was expecting.
Rioli has never been the same since he did his ankle in the grand final in 17. Unfortunately, some injuries are long-lasting. His bad kicking for goal last week turned him into a villain but I recall someone else having so many more misses the whole AFL combined and never gets dropped weird that. As for the statement of dropping him well, what can anyone say about the replacement surely the team was picked on April the 1st.

Sol23

Premiership Player
Jun 17, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Jokers getting their jollies off that they were right Rioli is a squib, Rioli is sh*t congratulations. Golf clap. Good for you. Nobody got "attacked", just called out by actual supporters. Funny word that. Supporter.

So, apologies to anyone I offended by differing with their opinion. It was prpbably more about you being so vitriolic and nasty about one of our gems. A three time Premiership player (who incidentally, I didn't hear anyone bitching about AFTER every flag).

Here's an idea, maybe go hang some sh*t on players that DONT play for us. Novel idea I know.

For what its worth, form is temporary, class is permanent. Not much class shown here over the last few weeks.

Dan will be back, win a final or something off his own boot and then we can do the whole humble pie bullshit thing again hey.
He’s been gifted his last two medals. About time he’s been dropped and made to earn his spot. I know who’s eating the humble pie atm.....

Vassp

Premiership Player
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Woahh I expected to wake up this morning with swearing cursing and all the other BS when I saw he was dropped and who replaced him a real statement that lol. total reversal than what I was expecting.
Rioli has never been the same since he did his ankle in the grand final in 17. Unfortunately, some injuries are long-lasting. His bad kicking for goal last week turned him into a villain but I recall someone else having so many more misses the whole AFL combined and never gets dropped weird that. As for the statement of dropping him well, what can anyone say about the replacement surely the team was picked on April the 1st.
What we, “his critics”, were saying is that his marking, his fear to contest the ball, him slipping over way too many times, his fumbling....are all impacting our game and it could cost us games. important ones.

This was said amidst a barrage of....

“you don’t know the game plan”
“you have no idea”
“you have to watch the game live”
“the match Committee has him in there etc”
“you don’t know anything about footy”

no one hates RIoli, we hope he goes back to the twos and finds some form.
well, if we don’t look to improve then we are no chance of a GF This year.

Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Jokers getting their jollies off that they were right Rioli is a squib, Rioli is sh*t congratulations. Golf clap. Good for you. Nobody got "attacked", just called out by actual supporters. Funny word that. Supporter.

So, apologies to anyone I offended by differing with their opinion. It was prpbably more about you being so vitriolic and nasty about one of our gems. A three time Premiership player (who incidentally, I didn't hear anyone bitching about AFTER every flag).

Here's an idea, maybe go hang some sh*t on players that DONT play for us. Novel idea I know.

For what its worth, form is temporary, class is permanent. Not much class shown here over the last few weeks.

Dan will be back, win a final or something off his own boot and then we can do the whole humble pie bullshit thing again hey.
The counter arguement to your 1st paragraph that could be made is that if you support the inclusion of a player who isnt best 22 then you arent a supporter who wants the best outcome for the team and club.

Funny word that, supporter.

See what i did there. No different to what you did.

Lets hope he finds his form and does get back.

Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Sad people take offence to some who criticise players when it’s warranted. Kinda sums up society in general.
When more practically minded people speak their mind and its heard by idealist minded people, there is quite often disagreement.

The difference is now the exchange of ideas is quicker and more frequent. So theres a perception of greater division. But people have always had a range of conflicting opinions. Which is fine by the way.

The lack of tolerance for others opinions seems a bit infantile to me. But here we are.

Im sure there will be other players who drift out of form. Who knows maybe sooner rather than later.

We are all hoping for a win today and ultimately thats the glue that binds us!

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
That is the obvious 3 man shuffle. Egg part of the back 7, S Edwards into the midsection and Bolton more time forward.
Hope Sheds goes forward and they leave Bolton in same role tbh. Been dominant in the centre

Back