Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - 5 more years! (Contracted until 2027)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pretty sure they wont make changes this week!!!! the logic being an 86 point win against an insipid opposition covering over the cracks.

Even in a big win a poor game is a poor game and Rioli was ordinary. How many times does one of our so called more classy players have to fall over be second to the ball fumble his way thru a game and not go hard enough when its his turn to go to actually be criticised.

Last time i looked across tiger sites and spoke to tiger supporters they all agree to varying degrees.

Hmm DUD Dan has a ring to it atm.

Stay classy.

Lol being classy has nothing to do with it and yeah i know your attempting to be sarcastic and not doing it very well.
I prefer unblinkered honesty but in Jack Nicholsons words It seems you can't handle the truth.

I can’t handle the truth yet my views a scarily similar to that of the 3 time premiership coach and his match committee. But hold the presses Mopsy has spoken to a few other tigers supporters who agree with him more or less. These other supporters aren’t those other bigfooty aliases of yours are they?

I can’t handle the truth yet my views a scarily similar to that of the 3 time premiership coach and his match committee. But hold the presses Mopsy has spoken to a few other tigers supporters who agree with him more or less. These other supporters aren’t those other bigfooty aliases of yours are they?
Strange that isn't it

Justin Leppitsch
Craig McRae
Damien Hardwick
Xavier Clarke
Blake Caracella
Adam Kingsley
Andrew McQualter
Sam Lonergan

All these coaches have seen and continue to see daniel Rioli as a good enough player to play 100 games before the age of 24 including 3 premierships in the most dominant era of an 18 team competition playing the most demanding game style ever to be seen.

BUT Moppey thinks they are all WRONG

Strange that isn't it

Justin Leppitsch
Craig McRae
Damien Hardwick
Xavier Clarke
Blake Caracella
Adam Kingsley
Andrew McQualter
Sam Lonergan

All these coaches have seen and continue to see daniel Rioli as a good enough player to play 100 games before the age of 24 including 3 premierships in the most dominant era of an 18 team competition playing the most demanding game style ever to be seen.

BUT Moppey thinks they are all WRONG

What would they know

Lets see what the coaches think about your opinion this week

after all they are the professional coaches that have won 3 flags
Don’t know why so many reply to this poster. Clearly has a mindset in respect to Dan that’s not going to change. Dan could have kicked 10, had 45 tackles and 29 goal assists and he’d still need to be dropped.
He plays a defined role set by the coaching staff and if he didn’t perform that role, he’d never get selected. Clearly he is, and is getting picked in the side.

Lol when posters get to the point that all they have is try to have a go at the poster then we all know they have nothing.

Not once have some posters tried to defend Rioli with any thing remotely resembling what he has done well. Nope its now turned into lets have a go at the poster.

Go ahead i really dont care, Some posters here get very vitriolic, I don't even reply to them now days just let em make fools of themselves. Na its not worth the time or effort.
im here to voice my opinion, an opinion that it seems the majority of supporters agree with atm, when those in the debate can ACTUALLY bring up A COUNTER ARGUMENT rather than just attack the man, i may even reply to them but i doubt it.

Its funny all i keep on getting on a forum where we are all supposed to our OWN our opinions,and actually have a counter argument all i get is what they think the coaches are doing and saying with out having inside access to those in charge.

At the end of the day opinions are like arse holes we all have one. It seems some have respect for differing opinions and are prepared to stick to what the debate is about and others just wanna kick in the guts anyone who doesn't agree with them.

As stated go ahead some won,t be getting a response and i will continue at peoples angst to call poor form poor form in both senses of the word lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol when posters get to the point that all they have is try to have a go at the poster then we all know they have nothing.

Not once have some posters tried to defend Rioli with any thing remotely resembling what he has done well. Nope its now turned into lets have a go at the poster.

Go ahead i really dont care, Some posters here get very vitriolic, I don't even reply to them now days just let em make fools of themselves. Na its not worth the time or effort.
im here to voice my opinion, an opinion that it seems the majority of supporters agree with atm, when those in the debate can ACTUALLY bring up A COUNTER ARGUMENT rather than just attack the man, i may even reply to them but i doubt it.

Its funny all i keep on getting on a forum where we are all supposed to our OWN our opinions,and actually have a counter argument all i get is what they think the coaches are doing and saying with out having inside access to those in charge.

At the end of the day opinions are like arse holes we all have one. It seems some have respect for differing opinions and are prepared to stick to what the debate is about and others just wanna kick in the guts anyone who doesn't agree with them.

As stated go ahead some won,t be getting a response and i will continue at peoples angst to call poor form poor form in both senses of the word lol.
Most posters agree with you??? Do you understand the word deluded? Cos that’s you to a tee if that’s what you’re thinking.
Time to save my sanity and put you on ignore. Enjoy dreamland, you appear to thrive in it

Man you are seriously in need of help !!

Its all over the internet just have a look at Damien Hardwicks interviews and he mentions exactly what Rioli is required to do and what the club and coaches expect from him.

Get onto the SEN site and have a listen to Leppa about what Daniel Rioli's role in the team is and how he sacrifices his game and the effect his actions have during games and how he sets the example of whats required for our game plan.

There are countless articles and interviews from our coached that mention DR on a regular basis

But of course you need a direct phone call from Dimma to tell you personally . Genuine question how many games have you attended the last 4 years rather than watch on TV

Most posters agree with you??? Do you understand the word deluded? Cos that’s you to a tee if that’s what you’re thinking.
Time to save my sanity and put you on ignore. Enjoy dreamland, you appear to thrive in it
Lol i deal with delusion all the time. Just look at this thread here i have a few posters defending to the hilt a player who has been horrid so far this season and all they mostly do is play the man and quote the coach. Do you actually watch games and the players or is what the coaches say good enough for you. The only reason i ask this because it is unfathomable how any one can defend Rioli's form atm and i can tell you go to any rfc its the same people are being critical of him.

As stated poor form is poor form. The poor form may get turned around but it has been mostly tracking down hill for ages now. Not my problem if your so in love with players you cnat see poor form if you fell over it.

I thought Dan came back ok after being dropped. Yes was fumbly but from memory he was able to back it up straight away and retain possession after the fumble and do something useful. 2 goals too so he gets a pass from me... That being said I’d love some more competition for spots but all of a sudden we don’t seem to have many small forward options as have traded them out or moved them into other positions (baker and Short trialed as forwards originally before moving back). I’ve always been a fan of Caddy in the forward line but he’s looked like a bloody dinosaur this year with the game getting faster. Aside from his cuz who has only played one VFL game, not sure who else we can slot in at the moment to maintain that forward pressure?? Thankfully Georgie has become our reliable set shot kicker with his new ‘not face the goal and kick sideways’ technique 😂 so he’s safe for the time being

All I read here is whine that the actual facts outweigh your opinion.

problem is he peaked when he was 19 and then did a terrible injury that ruins careers. I think we have seen his best and it was 4 years ago unfortunately
I’m one of Riolis critics, yeah he got an injury, yes his form has been off since then. But it’s been three and a half years.......he fumbles and slips over a lot. I don’t expect him to kick three goals a game, l expect him as a small forward to be able to crumb and pick up the footy. Yes his job is selfless, but when the opportunity comes you gotta take it.

I’m one of Riolis critics, yeah he got an injury, yes his form has been off since then. But it’s been three and a half years.......he fumbles and slips over a lot. I don’t expect him to kick three goals a game, l expect him as a small forward to be able to crumb and pick up the footy. Yes his job is selfless, but when the opportunity comes you gotta take it.
maybe he should wear a glove ?

Not far fetched at all. Game was decided by less then a kick. That’s 1 turnover created, 1 blocking of a Port Adelaide exit, 1 goal kicked or created and the result changes. The question was did we miss him. I’m saying we did and obviously the match committee agrees as they rushed him straight back in.

He was out of the team for a reason v Port - non-performnace.
He would have made no difference on his form to that point and in all likelihood would have been another who went missing that night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back