Player Watch #17 - Harley Bennell - Fingers can now be uncrossed

Remove this Banner Ad

But Lyon had caught up in Melbourne with another recruit and (now ex) Docker that struggled to get on the field in Harley Bennell, who has been listed by Melbourne. He said Bennell was sprinting in a way that he had never managed as a Docker.

Lyon said Bennell, who had a succession of calf injuries at Fremantle, was "going really well" in Melbourne, having had successful surgery to his calf.

"He's excited. He's sprinting. He's sprinting at levels he never was able to achieve at Fremantle. Up on his toes sprinting," Lyon said.

But Lyon had caught up in Melbourne with another recruit and (now ex) Docker that struggled to get on the field in Harley Bennell, who has been listed by Melbourne. He said Bennell was sprinting in a way that he had never managed as a Docker.

Lyon said Bennell, who had a succession of calf injuries at Fremantle, was "going really well" in Melbourne, having had successful surgery to his calf.

"He's excited. He's sprinting. He's sprinting at levels he never was able to achieve at Fremantle. Up on his toes sprinting," Lyon said.

Where did that qoute come from ?

Lyons always been in his corner he's a huge fan

Side note I wish we had taken Ross Lyon as assistant over old mate StKilda
so do I but I don't think Ross Lyon is the assistant coach type of guy anymore

Bit off topic but don't mind Richo as an assistant. Can't tell if hes good or bad but at the least he certainly beat us a lot and would have some good feedback for Goody. Also was very highly rated at Port and the Pies.

Bit off topic but don't mind Richo as an assistant. Can't tell if hes good or bad but at the least he certainly beat us a lot and would have some good feedback for Goody. Also was very highly rated at Port and the Pies.

I agree I think he's a great mentor developer of players but being head coach was a different story, he did have saints playing pretty well though at one point 2017?? Port Adelaide were desperate to keep him as well. Probably the same case with Bolton.

As for Harley I was hoping he comes in later in the season them really peak for finals (if we make it) but sooner the better.

It's hard to remember what he was like so here's some highlights. Trigger warning this video contains Dwayne Russell.

I agree I think he's a great mentor developer of players but being head coach was a different story, he did have saints playing pretty well though at one point 2017?? Port Adelaide were desperate to keep him as well. Probably the same case with Bolton.

As for Harley I was hoping he comes in later in the season them really peak for finals (if we make it) but sooner the better.

It's hard to remember what he was like so here's some highlights. Trigger warning this video contains Dwayne Russell.

Hard to remember? Ive never forgotten what Harley was like early days, probably the most beautiful right foot drop punt since Buckley or Darren Jarman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll be self quarantining from this thread (corona-style), lest I allow the Harley buzz to amend my season prediction from prelim appearance to hoisting the flag.

Excitement levels were in the rise...then another setback.

Yeah can’t see this working out, hope I am wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back