Player Watch #17: Jake Bowey – signed to 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone spotted an left hand handball yet? :p

Did another 'throw on his right' because he couldn't handball on his left in the 3rd quarter. Not sure if anyone spotted it. I wonder which Bigfooty poster will get defensive and try and twist things and say that I don't rate Bowey. But we're 13 games into his career and we're yet to see 1 left hand handball. not 1. No-one thinks this is proof enough? We've seen about 10 occasions where he should have but went with an awkward inside out right hb.

Question is, is anyone decent enough to acknowledge that I was right on this very small facet of his game?

I've got no question he'll work on it.

Jesus you’re insufferable.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Watching him live, I can't believe how tough this kid is too. Underrated in that dept. What does he weigh? 70kgs. Kids a star. What a selection by the club..

Big Matthew Whelan type rugby tackle on Parker then followed it up 10 seconds later by laying a decent hip and shoulder on Bolton. Was fun to watch.

He has a well rounded game and confidence which isnt overly common in young players when they just start out.

Usually they work on aspects of their development before it all comes together with some exceptions.

Bowey has controlled aggression but also composure. He reads the play and has purposeful possessions. Most importantly understands his role and our system.

Strong for his size.

Undefeated.

Watching him live, I can't believe how tough this kid is too. Underrated in that dept. What does he weigh? 70kgs. Kids a star. What a selection by the club..
Same. The quick decisions and disposals are amazing and so you think the obvious comp is Caleb Daniel, but this guy is going back with the flight to spoil big guys in marking contests.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why would he? would be a pretty stupid way to award it id think.
Because he's a gun who has managed to not only cement his spot in the premiership teams 22 but now become an important cog in the machine. I reckon his disposal hurts more than Daicos and has shown he can throw himself around in defence, take contested grabs etc. I'm honestly not sure I'd be swapping Bowey for Daicos right now. Love the kid! Bias yeah, sure but he's the undefeated champion of the world! Give him the RS!

If you didnt you know you'd swear Bowser is the one who is 26 and Trac and Oliver were 18. God they are the type of nerds I hate IRL.

Dont let them those two idiots change who you are Bowser, and ffs dont ever become like them. I love you just the way you are.

I reckon his disposal hurts more than Daicos and has shown he can throw himself around in defence, take contested grabs etc.

This is far better reasoning than because he plays for a winning side which should have nothing to do with it.

This is far better reasoning than because he plays for a winning side which should have nothing to do with it.
I just want the beautiful little ranga to win it. Got some $$ on him as well. I also think the voting for the RS is bizarre. There seems to be no exact criteria. So who knows,if he's breaking records and winning flags it surely can't hurt..

If you didnt you know you'd swear Bowser is the one who is 26 and Trac and Oliver were 18. God they are the type of nerds I hate IRL.

Dont let them those two idiots change who you are Bowser, and ffs dont ever become like them. I love you just the way you are.
Christ and some dumb campaigner thought Trac should be captain lol.

Christ and some dumb campaigner thought Trac should be captain lol.

who? Embarrassing behaviour by Trac, acting like Bowser is weird when clearly him and Oliver are two of the biggest weirdos going round

who? Embarrassing behaviour by Trac, acting like Bowser is weird when clearly him and Oliver are two of the biggest weirdos going round
Can't remember some knuckle head in the preseason said Gawn yelling at someone for one of those discipline 50s against the blues was a joke and not a leader and Trac should replace him. All time worst suggestion that one

Wasn't there a video a few years back where basically every other player said they couldn't stand talking to Trac?

Wasn't there a video a few years back where basically every other player said they couldn't stand talking to Trac?

Dunno , but suddenly I feel much better about the world hearing that. Thank god. 🥰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back