Player Watch #17: Jake Bowey – signed to 2026

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Been treating myself to some dees finals recently, been quiet at work so plenty of time to watch telly. anyway.

bowey is ******* unreal. how is he so good?!? i cant get my tiny brain around it. he’s like one of them mysterious assassins in a kung fu movie that doesn’t do anything but whenever they hobble out of a room there’s like ten bodies left behind. he’s deadly. he just doesn’t * up, in fact i’m not sure he even knows how to * up. someone should ask him to try and mis-kick the ball sometime, i don’t know if he could. Assassin, like one of those dudes that flick his pinkie finger a centimetre or two and kill someone with it. precision skill, kicks that slice through the tiniest corridors “millimetre perfect”, solid marks, eyes at the back of the head, vision. seven games?!?! this campaigner just casually walked into the best AFL defence in history and didn’t just “play a role”, he kicked ass. So much ass! Unbelievable, i still cant believe it. what a world we live in!!

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Loved in the GF when he was streaming off half back in the last Q and dropped/fumbled/had the ball knocked out? then just ran onto it again, gathered it and kicked it forward.

Thought I finally found him making a mistake but he just fixed it straight away.
That was one of my favourite bits.

So Bowie handballing to himself, Harmes one-handed handball and kick to Fritsch, Petracca’s goal, Clarry pointing up, Salem while surrounded by dogs half steps back - stands for a few seconds expecting a tackle - nobody moves so he goes * it and kicks the goal, Clarry’s spoil and Petracca’s deadly kick to McDonald, Hunter stuffing up and Mitch Hannan’s crazy handball.

Good times

Liked how Goodwin reflected on his own career winning a flag in just his 10th game when talking about Bowey's start to his career. Hopefully bowey like Goodwin goes b2b.
The exact opposite of Garry Lyon, who can’t talk about Bowey without first mentioning how many blokes he knows who played 200+ games to never win a flag

TheBoss

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
The exact opposite of Garry Lyon, who can’t talk about Bowey without first mentioning how many blokes he knows who played 200+ games to never win a flag

I hate how he bitches and moans when someone else has success.

Bowey deserves his premiership medallion. There was no reason to drop him after his debut. Great first season from the bloke, and defintely a chance to cement a spot in the best 22 going forward.

Where's the image?

profile-mk-bowser.7bf2a8f2.aead314d58b63e27.png

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Anyone spotted an left hand handball yet? :p

Did another 'throw on his right' because he couldn't handball on his left in the 3rd quarter. Not sure if anyone spotted it. I wonder which Bigfooty poster will get defensive and try and twist things and say that I don't rate Bowey. But we're 13 games into his career and we're yet to see 1 left hand handball. not 1. No-one thinks this is proof enough? We've seen about 10 occasions where he should have but went with an awkward inside out right hb.

Question is, is anyone decent enough to acknowledge that I was right on this very small facet of his game?

I've got no question he'll work on it.

Back