Traded #17: Jake Melksham - Traded to Melbourne for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

:eek::eek:I was laughed off here a month ago suggesting we trade Melks and our 3rd for there 2nd. I don't blame you guys either. I honesty can't believe they would give us pick 25 for a guy who hasn't performed in 2 years. Imagine what they would give for Zaha

Good luck to Melksham at the Dees. He always gave it his best for Essendon and that's really all you can ask.

I wish him all the best too, but him not giving his best is why he's on his way out.

He has talent. If he put in the effort of lesser-talented players who give their all (a la Howlett, Ambrose, McKernan), he could be a real player.

Best of luck to Melks. Didn't reach expectations, but I had a soft spot for him and always hoped he'd kick on and do well. Maybe at the Dees he'll show his best.

And I suppose at least he didn't bag the club to all and sundry like a huge sook, which shows he has some moral fibre, unlike some.

I wish him all the best too, but him not giving his best is why he's on his way out.

He has talent. If he put in the effort of lesser-talented players who give their all (a la Howlett, Ambrose, McKernan), he could be a real player.
First two agree, but McKernan has a lot of talent IMO.

Pick 17 for him is overpaying?

Not really.

Redden has been anonymous for two years - He's footy has regressed in this time - Redden has little to no impact on games and is no certainty to be best 22 in Round 1 2016.

Redden has been anonymous for two years - He's footy has regressed in this time - Redden has little to no impact on games and is no certainty to be best 22 in Round 1 2016.
Agree with this. 3-4 years ago he was tearing it up not so much now. Still a good solid contributer but thats about it.

Why has this deal not been done yet? Don't tell me that it was too good to be true and Melbourne have wisened up in the last couple of days?

Quick. Show them the 2013 highlight reel!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why has this deal not been done yet? Don't tell me that it was too good to be true and Melbourne have wisened up in the last couple of days?

Essendon too busy trying to get St. Kilda to give us something ******* reasonable for Carlisle.

Quick. Show them the 2013 highlight reel!
Someone else pointed out that the agreement is Melksham for a 2nd rounder. Considering Melbourne are losing Howe, it seems like they'll wait a few days and see if they get another 2nd rounder, then they would pass us the later pick of the two. It'll get done and we'll get good return.

Probably will be done tomorrow, after luey is confirmed.

Yep , waiting to see if we get the Berger via FA or have to trade.

Someone else pointed out that the agreement is Melksham for a 2nd rounder. Considering Melbourne are losing Howe, it seems like they'll wait a few days and see if they get another 2nd rounder, then they would pass us the later pick of the two. It'll get done and we'll get good return.
If Kennedy goes to Melbourne, then I can't see Melbourne getting a second rounder.

It would probably be Howe for Kennedy + a 3rd rounder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back