Delisted #17: James Stewart - Will be delisted despite having a year on his contract - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

What a fantastic bonus it is to have another mobile tall forward come on this year. He has all the attributes. Can Mark well overhead, positions himself well, is skilled enough in general play, has a great kicking action, a good footy brain, and is developing a physical game to complement it all. All of our forwards bar Hooker have years of potential improvement in them too.

It really is an amazing list development turnaround and all involved at the club should be proud. Now to get the midfield fast-tracked next season...

What a fantastic bonus it is to have another mobile tall forward come on this year. He has all the attributes. Can Mark well overhead, positions himself well, is skilled enough in general play, has a great kicking action, a good footy brain, and is developing a physical game to complement it all. All of our forwards bar Hooker have years of potential improvement in them too.

It really is an amazing list development turnaround and all involved at the club should be proud. Now to get the midfield fast-tracked next season...
The exciting thing for me with the forward lineup is that the gameplan plays to each of the players strengths. Each player is unique and rather than try and shoehorn Stewart into playing Hookers role they have accommodated his strengths into the gameplan.

Woosha and the coaching panel have been tinkering with different setups throughout he year to see what works best and it has come together very fast.

the only role I guess that is still up in the air is the Green/Laverde role. Do they go back to the small setup or do they persist with the leading third tall setup?

As you say, if they make considerable inroads next year with the midfield which I believe we will then we have a top four side.

Our least talked about forward... but how good was that cross into AMT to seal the game?

Yep. Good hands, good kick, good size, calm, composed, good game sense, knows where the goals are, insults Luke Darcy without even trying.

Rapidly becoming a genuine favourite.

Yeah, not to mention his work when it comes to getting in the way of Daniher's man. Saw it live in the Carlton game. Hard to notice on camera.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was close to his best game for the club tonight.

Yeah, not to mention his work when it comes to getting in the way of Daniher's man. Saw it live in the Carlton game. Hard to notice on camera.

They're both young and haven't yet had 12 months together. I know I'll back the foward coaches to sort things out, then it'll be a sight to behold.

They're both young and haven't yet had 12 months together. I know I'll back the foward coaches to sort things out, then it'll be a sight to behold.

I was complimenting Stewart. I am saying a lot of his off the ball work is super valuable.

Really starting to like this guy. He can do more, and hopefully that comes with time, but he is such a difficult match up for opposition as he is quick and has so much height.

The 3 talls are working very well and can only get better. Pick 70 odd, we are laughing.

I was complimenting Stewart. I am saying a lot of his off the ball work is super valuable.
Sorry, count me guilty of not reading properly. I read it as below

Yeah, not to mention his work when it comes to getting in the way of Daniher. Saw it live in the Carlton game. Hard to notice on camera.
An apostrophe and 4 letters changes the message slightly (entirely)

Could this be the match he finally cashes in and kicks 5+ goals?

Should have been - He has a habit of having his hands too upright when attempting an overhead mark - This is a technical flaw which can be addressed.

This guy has exceeded my expectations. I honestly thought he would just be depth but has clearly cemented his spot in the best 22. Athletic and a good field kick. Improve his goal kicking and play 22 games next year and he is capable of having a 30-40 goal season.

This guy has exceeded my expectations. I honestly thought he would just be depth but has clearly cemented his spot in the best 22. Athletic and a good field kick. Improve his goal kicking and play 22 games next year and he is capable of having a 30-40 goal season.

He has had a great year, but needs to work on staying in the game.
He starts games so well then finishes them equally as poorly by essentially having zero impact.
Still good signs from a player with less the 50 games under his belt..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back