Delisted #17: James Stewart - Will be delisted despite having a year on his contract - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully this doesn't start the Hooker discussion in this thread too.
i agree with Bunk, time to send him back. he's not a forward for *s sake.

Going against the grain here and I know this might sound weird considering the impact he had, but I didn't really see anything in his game today to suggest that he could play 2nd fiddle to Joe. He is the perfect 3rd forward in every way.

His contested work has improved, just lacks polish. Would be his key focus over the off season.

Going against the grain here and I know this might sound weird considering the impact he had, but I didn't really see anything in his game today to suggest that he could play 2nd fiddle to Joe. He is the perfect 3rd forward.

His contested work has improved, just lacks polish. Would be his key focus over the off season.
4 goals and played deep all game.
Whether he can do that week in/week out is unknown, but he won't need to.
Liking his aggression and his ability to push off defenders and keep his feet.

Going against the grain here and I know this might sound weird considering the impact he had, but I didn't really see anything in his game today to suggest that he could play 2nd fiddle to Joe. He is the perfect 3rd forward in every way.

Agree. He only had one mark that I thought "that's a good contested grab" (out on the flank in the last), and the rest of them were opportunistic. He played very well no doubt, but he's a 3rd tall.

Stewart is still only 23 and as he matures he will put on further weight and strength. If he can manage to maintain his athleticism he is going to be a very well rounded player by the time he hits 26. I can see him taking over from hooker by then.

Agreed although he did start clunking some good marks in the last quarter.

Stewart is still only 23 and as he matures he will put on further weight and strength. If he can manage to maintain his athleticism he is going to be a very well rounded player by the time he hits 26. I can see him taking over from hooker by then.

Yep. Will grow with Daniher and Fantasia into one of the best forward trios in the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Random. But watching the game at the monemt I'm wondering how much more the crows woild be paying McGovern compared to what we are paying Stewart? Will be interesting to see who has a better Career, I feel Stewart's fairly underrated while alot of people scream how good McGovern is

Random. But watching the game at the monemt I'm wondering how much more the crows woild be paying McGovern compared to what we are paying Stewart? Will be interesting to see who has a better Career, I feel Stewart's fairly underrated while alot of people scream how good McGovern is

Other part of that is would GWS be regretting their decision. Lobb and Patton too similar and cant get involved, where as high work rate HF forward would be pretty handy.

Other part of that is would GWS be regretting their decision. Lobb and Patton too similar and cant get involved, where as high work rate HF forward would be pretty handy.

Patrons still presents well, works hard & crashes packs. Lobb often looks lost & confused out there.

Patrons still presents well, works hard & crashes packs. Lobb often looks lost & confused out there.
Lobb really needs to be a primary ruckman. Its where he plays his best footy and he just gets lost playing as a third tall behind Cameron and Patton.
Problem is Mumford has that role pegged for the next little while.

McGovern's good for some cameo's but yeah I'm not convinced he's a whole lot better than Stewart. He's got the reputation and the marking but I've seen a lot of Adelaide games the last 2 years and often you forget he's out there until he kind of bobs up. Plays on the 3rd or 4th best defender each week as well with Walker and Jenkins taking the best 2 then maybe Lynch or McGovern taking the 3rd best. Isn't an especially good kick.

On a value for money basis I'd definitely prefer Stewart who I think has a lot of scope for development as well.

Now if it was Jeremy McGovern - that's another story - he's a legit gun.

Biggest priority for Stewart this off-season is getting him a decent feed. Then maybe a couple of chest days in the gym.

Negative

His biggest asset is his mobility and for a bloke who is 200cm, being employed as a mobile 3rd tall, gaining weight would ruin this.

Keep him mobile. Will only benefit from another year in our system.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back