Delisted #17: James Stewart - Will be delisted despite having a year on his contract - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

If McKay cops a longish term injury we're f***** , so would've thought we'd keep him for his last year of contract especially as we aren't sure Reid can stand up.
So he could keep McKay company in the rehab group ?

If someone else can get him on the park then good luck to them both. I thought he was a good player and unlike a lot I thought he was a decent defender but he has run his race with us. Too many injuries. Change of club probably the best for him as well.

I was surprised he was delisted with a year remaining.

Hope he gets a gig elsewhere, plenty of teams still looking for a big body down back.
If they are, they're looking at the wrong bloke. He's a much better forward than defender.

Don't want this to be part of a chorus of reactionary defence for a club that isn't worthy of defence but Stewart's has been a dead list spot for what must be 75% of the games since 2019. He should not havebeen offered a 2 year deal last year.

I hope he is fit as he says he is. I'm convinced that amid his injury riddled last 5 years he has become a genuinely good KPP at either end. I hope he gets to show it.

Don't want this to be part of a chorus of reactionary defence for a club that isn't worthy of defence but Stewart's has been a dead list spot for what must be 75% of the games since 2019. He should not havebeen offered a 2 year deal last year.

I hope he is fit as he says he is. I'm convinced that amid his injury riddled last 5 years he has become a genuinely good KPP at either end. I hope he gets to show it.

If he doesn't get another shot he at least has 12 months with full pay at AFL-level wages to get a kick start on his post-AFL career. While it'd be a knock to his confidence to be walked early, the silver lining is he isn't focusing on football through to October 2024 only to head into post-footy life with no income (outside investments he may have).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back