Delisted #17: James Stewart - Will be delisted despite having a year on his contract - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Great opportunity to have a big first game. Geelong is not looking greAt in the KPD department.
Lonergan - looking like an old tom McDonald.
Kolodjashnij - first game back after only ok vfl form
Mackie - playing well but not a true KPD.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Stewart will be the one to take him.

James STEWART

2017 VFL
Totals

• 4 games
  • 8 goals
  • 6 behinds
  • Best players list 2 times

Averages
  • 8.5 kicks
  • 4.3 handballs
  • 12.8 disposals
  • 6.0 marks
  • 3.3 tackles
  • 2.0 inside 50s
  • 0.3 rebound 50s
  • 75.50 DT points

2016 NEAFL
Totals

• 18 games
  • 47 goals
  • 22 behinds
  • Best players list 5 times

Averages
  • 10.3 kicks
  • 4.0 handballs
  • 14.3 disposals
  • 6.2 marks
  • 1.9 tackles
  • 3.2 inside 50s
  • 0.2 rebound 50s
  • 78.61 DT points

2015 NEAFL
Totals

• 7 games
  • 14 goals
  • 7 behinds
  • Best players list 1 time

Averages
  • 9.0 kicks
  • 5.4 handballs
  • 14.4 disposals
  • 6.0 marks
  • 1.1 tackles
  • 3.6 inside 50s
  • 0.3 rebound 50s
  • 70.86 DT points
2014 NEAFL
Totals

• 17 games
  • 25 goals
  • 11 behinds
Averages

• 10.7 kicks
  • 4.7 handballs
  • 15.4 disposals
  • 5.5 marks
  • 1.2 tackles
  • 3.1 inside 50s
  • 1.2 rebound 50s
  • 70.65 DT points
2013 NEAFL
Totals

• 15 games
  • 7 goals
  • 14 behinds
Averages

• 7.1 kicks
  • 4.1 handballs
  • 11.1 disposals
  • 3.9 marks
  • 1.5 tackles
  • 1.9 inside 50s
  • 1.1 rebound 50s
  • 48.67 DT points

Really had to earn his spot - good to see him rewarded.

Will be interesting to see who matches up on him -

Hooker - Lonergan
Daniher - Taylor
Stewart - Kolodjashnij or Stewart?

* 3 goals to half time in his first AFL game for us. Another good one for the forward line?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A great debut for our club. Was very good early. Will only get better.

Being so mobile, Stewart as a forward is great fit for our fast ball movement He offers vastly more than Francis and more than Langford as a forward.
Allowed Joe to work harder up the ground. He forced Taylor to play in defence for a long period.
I noticed that Hooker was also able to play in defence late in Qrt's to help prevent the cheap junk time goals which we have suffered from in the past.

Well done son... Keep focused and you can retain your spot in the team

Played well.

I'd take that game without the goals because of the way it freed up Hooker and to a less extent Daniher.

He seems to have developed his forward craft a lot more getting to good positions and finding easier ball on the lead.

Last edited:
He complements our existing forward structure perfectly. His combination of mobility and height is real important it means he can play as a genuine 2nd tall when required but also fits in as a 3rd tall. That means Daniher can continue to spend time in the ruck - which he's doing to increasingly good effect and also we have the option of Hooker drifting down back to sure us up in the dying minutes of quarters when we always concede late goals.

I absolutely loved his inclusion today and have been calling for it for a good month. He didn't let me down.

He complements our existing forward structure perfectly. His combination of mobility and height is real important it means he can play as a genuine 2nd tall when required but also fits in as a 3rd tall. That means Daniher can continue to spend time in the ruck - which he's doing to increasingly good effect and also we have the option of Hooker drifting down back to sure us up in the dying minutes of quarters when we always concede late goals.

I absolutely loved his inclusion today and have been calling for it for a good month. He didn't let me down.

:loudspeaker:Yeah thats what i said.. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back