Delisted #17: James Stewart - Will be delisted despite having a year on his contract - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Even I could see he was going to kick that into the man on the mark from the shot from his defensive goals. He's clearly got issues trusting his routine rather than with the routine itself because it's not the first time he's either kicked into or got so close to the man he's had to run out and do a hook

Fantasia had, if I recall correctly, half a game in the reserves, which I believe is not "a few weeks", and "a few weeks" in the reverses comes with the implication that you have to "earn" your spot back, hence the post.

“Ok” “mate”

Still keeping this bloke in with Joe and kicking McKernan out eth-dog ?

Been tripe, two weeks in a row now
Mate, McKernan was our worst by a country mile.

To be fair to James and Shaun, neither really had any real delivery service all evening, hard to make clunk-taking leads when your midfield/backline is just flicking them in at random any which how.

To be fair to James and Shaun, neither really had any real delivery service all evening, hard to make clunk-taking leads when your midfield/backline is just flicking them in at random any which how.
Yeah, but Shaun just made some brain dead decisions that a 14 year old wouldn't.

I’d be tempted to drop him and bring in another runner, he’s given us nothing since Daniher got rested and Hooker moved out of the forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burned on the lead and done no favours by the umpires.

I don't know why professional organisation tolerate a goal kicking routine's like his. Something like that will always end up failing and it's the height of stupidity to continue to allow it to occur. The stutter can and should be eradicated by the end of the bye.

Last edited:
We allowed Richmond to play 2 spares at the back all night. Lost count of the times we bombed it inside 50 to a 2 on 1 where he was outnumbered.

He has always had that stutter, and been one of our most accurate kicks for goal to boot.
he's now 37/29 for essendon, to go with 18/19 for GWS. i recall working out that his conversation rate was worse as Hooker's and Joey's whose woes obviously attracted more attention, but i think it's a issue (and one that goes beyond the strutter)

he's now 37/29 for essendon, to go with 18/19 for GWS. i recall working out that his conversation rate was worse as Hooker's and Joey's whose woes obviously attracted more attention, but i think it's a issue (and one that goes beyond the strutter)
Are you including out of bounds? It's really difficult to get OOB figures, other than to work backwards from the 'shots at goal' and 'goal accuracy' stats (provided below for reference).

Rank - Players - Highlights - Position - Matches Played - Goals - Behinds - Goal Accuracy - Shots at Goal
Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 11.30.46 pm.png
Stringer is classed as a mid and doesn't come up in the search above, his goal accuracy is 38.9% this season with 3.3 Shots on Goal per game (ave).

http://www.afl.com.au/stats/stats-pro

oh I should have made it clearer, I'm just going by the afltables records because of AFL stats being what they are, so that would be including field shots but not set shots that go out of bounds. not ideal but it seems to be telling similar stories

(an "expected goals" model sure would be handy)

We allowed Richmond to play 2 spares at the back all night. Lost count of the times we bombed it inside 50 to a 2 on 1 where he was outnumbered.

It honestly seemed like the tigers had twice as many players on the ground. A perfect example of defensive running... as soon as we had the ball they were in our offensive half before all our players had even turned and started jogging there

Stewart desperately needs JD back or Hooker forward who can attract the number one tall defender - He's also being forced to play too deep which doesn't suit his style of play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back