Delisted #17: James Stewart - Will be delisted despite having a year on his contract - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

So uh are we still thanking Collingwood or GWS or whoever we are meant to be thanking?

In all seriousness, not a first or second KPF. The sooner JD or Hooker go forward, the better for him.

Mate, McKernan was our worst by a country mile.
Last night?
Eth please, your bias is showing.

One brain fart aside that we're not even sure the umpire got right McKernan was not our worst by a country mile.

Last night?
Eth please, your bias is showing.

One brain fart aside that we're not even sure the umpire got right McKernan was not our worst by a country mile.
The umpire got it right. He had 4 FA, most of them being mind numbingly stupid, was selfish inside 50 (could have easily popped it over the top to Stewart early in the first when Stewart had about 30 metres of space around him instead of taking a tough shot which he sprayed) and was just all over poor.

He was worst on. Anybody who watched the game and didn't see that should get their eyes checked.

The umpire got it right. He had 4 FA, most of them being mind numbingly stupid, was selfish inside 50 (could have easily popped it over the top to Stewart early in the first when Stewart had about 30 metres of space around him instead of taking a tough shot which he sprayed) and was just all over poor.

He was worst on. Anybody who watched the game and didn't see that should get their eyes checked.
You weren't so sure earlier. You watched a replay since?

And my eyes are perfectly fine mate, maybe you need to let go of your irrational fear of not being right and you'll see he wasnt worst on by a country mile.

You weren't so sure earlier. You watched a replay since?

And my eyes are perfectly fine mate, maybe you need to let go of your irrational fear of not being right and you'll see he wasnt worst on by a country mile.
Yep. Don't know why I put myself through it again but I did.

He was very very poor. Stewart was as well. Laverde the only marking target to write home about.

Yep. Don't know why I put myself through it again but I did.

He was very very poor. Stewart was as well. Laverde the only marking target to write home about.
I'm not saying he wasn't poor but worst by a country mile has a fair amount of mayo. Lot of poor performances.

No he wasn't.

#20/20vision

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Are we talking about Stewart or McKernan?

Stewart: Still structurally the most important forward given he drags a defender up and around the ground and doesn't get in anyone else's way. Still needs to work on his goal kicking.

McKernan: player who is barely hanging onto an AFL career has inconsistencies in his game. Stop the ****ing presses

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we talking about Stewart or McKernan?

Stewart: Still structurally the most important forward given he drags a defender up and around the ground and doesn't get in anyone else's way. Still needs to work on his goal kicking.

McKernan: player who is barely hanging onto an AFL career has inconsistencies in his game. Stop the ****ing presses

My thoughts exactly.

What did he do or not do last night to demonstrate he’s not a key forward?
He's not good enough to take best defender, with JD and when Hooker played forward he was able to break free more and have better impact as his height and speed was a difficult match up for most teams 2nd/3rd defenders.

He's down on confidence at the moment but he'll come good. Daniher will come back soonish and that will help him a lot. I'm content to back him in as long as he keeps working hard.

He's not good enough to take best defender, with JD and when Hooker played forward he was able to break free more and have better impact as his height and speed was a difficult match up for most teams 2nd/3rd defenders.

It’s be the first time he’s getting the no. 1 defender so it’s going to be a bit of a learning curve. Doesn’t mean he’s not a key forward.

James looks down on confidence which is translating into so many nearly moments.
The miss from 20 in front, Astbury smothering his point black effort, dropped marks etc.
Last year he was at his best aggressively receiving the ball on the wings and quickly delivering long flat kicks into 50 for Hooker and JD to feed on.
Needs to go back to basics and play with aggression again, hopefully he can find his feet in Brisbane this week.

It’s be the first time he’s getting the no. 1 defender so it’s going to be a bit of a learning curve. Doesn’t mean he’s not a key forward.
Yeah sorry, I should have said he's still a decent key forward just I feel he performs better when he plays more of a flanker role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back