Delisted #17: James Stewart - Will be delisted despite having a year on his contract - 24/8

17 - stewart.jpg

Contract Status: Unrestricted Free Agent 2024 Delisted 2023
My Boy Draft 2023: Claim here

Last edited:
It's what they said a month ago, they're avoiding the term OP I'd guess.
Don't see how it could be anything else at this point. His couple of weeks has been a couple of weeks for way longer than a couple of weeks.

He was an emergency during the JLT series and may have played in the VFL practice match in the week of JLT2, and then played VFL again the week of AFL Round 3 (VFL R1 I think?). He's been injured, and periodically noted as 'running' ever since. So possibly two VFL games, and only one was for points, all year.

If that's not OP, it's OP. Surely?

Bombers36

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2008
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
A year long groin injury...sounds a bit suss to me....is there something else going on with Stewart?
He's almost a forgotten man but his stats still read well with an average of 11 possessions, 4 marks & 1.2 goals a game so he'd still have some currency if we were to trade him...
Hopefully though both he and Joe Daniher come back fit and firing in 2020 then suddenly we have 2 X 200cm forwards that can cause opposition teams big issues.

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
OP?

If that is both Stewart AND Joe down with OP then that is alarm bells for the conditioning staff. Two KPFs down with the same chronic injury is a serious worry

OP?

If that is both Stewart AND Joe down with OP then that is alarm bells for the conditioning staff. Two KPFs down with the same chronic injury is a serious worry
VFL coverage against Port suggested OP

A year long groin injury...sounds a bit suss to me....is there something else going on with Stewart?
He's almost a forgotten man but his stats still read well with an average of 11 possessions, 4 marks & 1.2 goals a game so he'd still have some currency if we were to trade him...
Hopefully though both he and Joe Daniher come back fit and firing in 2020 then suddenly we have 2 X 200cm forwards that can cause opposition teams big issues.
Stewart 200? Bigger than I thought!

Back