Delisted #17: James Stewart - Will be delisted despite having a year on his contract - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

1 - Pick 1
14 - Pick 20
15 - Pick 29
16 - Stewart
17 - Dea
19 - Kelly
37 - Pick 41
38 - PSD
41 - Pick 68
42 - Rookie Draft Pick 1

Shouldn't 19 be reserved for ruckmen even the previous wearer wasn't one?

Likewise 27.

1 - Pick 1
14 - Pick 20
15 - Pick 29
16 - Stewart
17 - Dea
19 - Kelly
37 - Pick 41
38 - PSD
41 - Pick 68
42 - Rookie Draft Pick 1

Leave Kelly in 47. Like the rest, but maybe number 1 for pick 1 adds too much pressure? I know it's just a number but I think it adds a touch of pressure.

I'd consider McKenna or Laverde for 1.

1 - Laverde
14 - McLugg
15 - Pick 20
16 - Stewart
17 - Dea
19 - pick 29
37 - Pick 41
38 - PSD

We should reserve 17 for free agents, so Dea is a perfect candidate.

Other than that I'm not a fan of reserving numbers for positions.

Genuinely excited for a forward partner to Daniher this season. Even if he starts in the seconds, continually kicking goals in the VFL should see him move into the seniors sooner rather than later with the lack of genuine fwd options we have compared to that of his previous Giants team.

The most polarising question is will he start in the seniors ahead of more established AFL players like TBC &/or Mitch Brown (fwd)?

Really want him to succeed and with more opportunity hopefully comes more reward for the hard work he will need to put in.

Genuinely excited for a forward partner to Daniher this season. Even if he starts in the seconds, continually kicking goals in the VFL should see him move into the seniors sooner rather than later with the lack of genuine fwd options we have compared to that of his previous Giants team.

The most polarising question is will he start in the seniors ahead of more established AFL players like TBC &/or Mitch Brown (fwd)?

Really want him to succeed and with more opportunity hopefully comes more reward for the hard work he will need to put in.

I wouldn't be opposed to making him work for it but he's in my best 22 as I hate playing Daniher in the ruck and TBC is too slow/immobile to be a good second ruckman.

IMO if Hooker plays back Stewart plays. If Hooker plays forward he is rotated in and out of the side depending on match-ups.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO if Hooker plays back Stewart plays. If Hooker plays forward he is rotated in and out of the side depending on match-ups.

Could also depend how mobile Stewart is; if he's reasonably capable defensively we could end up running Daniher, Stewart, and Hooker in the forward line at times.

I'll be very interested in the preseason matches to get an idea of how the team looks, as I think there's a number of players fighting for a round 1 spot in the seniors.

Could also depend how mobile Stewart is; if he's reasonably capable defensively we could end up running Daniher, Stewart, and Hooker in the forward line at times.

I'll be very interested in the preseason matches to get an idea of how the team looks, as I think there's a number of players fighting for a round 1 spot in the seniors.
Yeah settling on a line up for Round 1 is gonna be a hard choice.
Daniher seems to play well higher up the ground as a CHF.
If Stewart could play closer to goal and get the odd cheap one over the top like Josh Jenkins did this year at Adelaide that would be great.

Yeah settling on a line up for Round 1 is gonna be a hard choice.
Daniher seems to play well higher up the ground as a CHF.
If Stewart could play closer to goal and get the odd cheap one over the top like Josh Jenkins did this year at Adelaide that would be great.
I believe Stewart is also suited to playing higher up the ground. This is just from the little bits I've seen of him and other people's views.

I believe Stewart is also suited to playing higher up the ground. This is just from the little bits I've seen of him and other people's views.
He is, but that's because he's a twig and because he can get away with playing higher up the ground in the leagues that he's been playing in. The way he plays in the NEAFL won't translate to AFL, so Stewart needs to add bulk, learn to deal with defenders instead of running up the ground to get away from them and start playing a prototypical forward/ruck role.

Leave Kelly in 47. Like the rest, but maybe number 1 for pick 1 adds too much pressure? I know it's just a number but I think it adds a touch of pressure.

I'd consider McKenna or Laverde for 1.

1 - Laverde
14 - McLugg
15 - Pick 20
16 - Stewart
17 - Dea
19 - pick 29
37 - Pick 41
38 - PSD
I agree with respect to the #1 guernsey. All it does it actualises the stigma that will already seem to exist. Youngster doesn't need that.

I am, however, over the tradition of allocating guernsey numbers. It's rubbish. They should be drawn out of a hat; incentivise the players to play well enough that the number becomes synonymous with their name because of how well they play, not the other way around. Play like a champ. Own the number you've drawn. Imagine; a club champion who sported #31.

Based on the jumper presentation he's about 2-3 inches taller than Ridley and about 2 inches shorter than Draper which means Stewart is about 198cm and definitely someone who is big enough for the pseudo ruck role. Whether his ruck work is up to scratch is another matter.

Based on the jumper presentation he's about 2-3 inches taller than Ridley and about 2 inches shorter than Draper which means Stewart is about 198cm and definitely someone who is big enough for the pseudo ruck role. Whether his ruck work is up to scratch is another matter.

Two forwards, 198cm+?

Yes please!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back