(Log in to remove this ad.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

un_eggs

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
His contested marking and goalkicking accuracy are not there yet and need some offseason refining but you can see that both areas have promise as shown in one significant play to end last week’s game. Will be so hard to match up Joe, Stringer, Jimmy, Lav/Langers/Smack and Raz who can all mark on the lead.

Foxx

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon
Was a good kick for goal until the stutter surfaced. I had this mental thing too. Wrecks all confidence, fluency and embarrassing.
I got rid of it with a simple technique.

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
He was certainly a better set shot in 2017 I think that much we can agree on. He lost his confidence after the first few months. Ironically I take a lot of confidence from how McKernan turned things around for himself. I think Stewart can do the same.

AFL Club
Essendon
He was certainly a better set shot in 2017 I think that much we can agree on. He lost his confidence after the first few months. Ironically I take a lot of confidence from how McKernan turned things around for himself. I think Stewart can do the same.
Extra strength may unlock his marking. Still surely a lot of upside.

_Swoon

Coriander Enthusiast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Extra strength may unlock his marking. Still surely a lot of upside.
Hope so, he needs to reinvent himself a little bit because we're probably not going back to playing three genuine talls in the same forward line and Stewart played his best football when he was third string to Daniher and Hooker. Didn't handle the extra attention well at all last year, worryingly not even in the VFL.

eth-dog

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
Stewart had a disappointing season but statistically, in what everyone agreed was Smack's best, the numbers barely differentiate. 0.7 more disposals, 0.6 more marks, 0.2 more goals, 0.2 more contested marks, 0.4 marks inside 50. He also edged Brown on most stats too. He has every chance to win his place back for round 1.

Top Bottom