Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Remove this Banner Ad

I like how Jasper is speaking like he’s already one of the lads.

Not so much of a fan of Polec continueously saying “they” when referring to North. He will have to turn it on during the year to make me feel like he truly belongs
To be fair, he's repeatedly referred to Port as they as well

I like his description of our culture as humble and respectful that plays touch and honest footy.

I mean, our defensive pressure was crap at the end of last year, but that's a bit far mate!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, Pittard comes across so well in that video.

I've been saying it and will be proven right. Will be our clear best HBF-er next year and we got him for steak knives.
I hope you’re right.

Just wondering what exactly makes you think that?

I haven’t watched a lot of him, but so many mates (whom all support different clubs) couldnt believe we picked him up & we’re dishing out shade via text.

I hope you’re right.

Just wondering what exactly makes you think that?

I haven’t watched a lot of him, but so many mates (whom all support different clubs) couldnt believe we picked him up & we’re dishing out shade via text.
Well, for one I don't rate our any of our half back flankers better than average.

I think with his pace will give us a really different option coming out of defence and his kicking is good, it's his decision making that has let him down the past couple of years. If we back him in and let him play his natural game there is a lot of upside.

My memory of Jasper from his draft year was this quote:

The baby-faced teenager rocketed into first-round contention after impressing prospective clubs with his demeanour and game-specific knowledge in the draft camp interviews.

Sydney Swans coach Paul Roos joked about offering McMillan-Pittard an assistant coaching role, but the Vic Country representative said he would refrain from offering new coach Mark Williams any on-field advice - at least for the time being.

Wanted him last year. Glad we got him this year. We lack confidence down back and Pittard has it in spades.

Disappointed the mo has gone. I like the leg tattoos too. Matt White with his blue flames turned me off of them but now a North player has lower leg tattoos I'm a fan (no bias).

Lots to like about this pick. Will be given a lot of freedom to be an attacking weapon.

People don’t remember but in his AA squad year he was a very good defender as well. Elite closing speed and solid tackle.

Wonder whos spot in the 22 would be under pressure the most if Pittard find form? Williams? McDonald? McMillan?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back