Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone explain to me the Port supporter/Pittard clanger king thing?

Gotta admit I haven't studied him too closely in the past, but I'm struggling to find any solid basis to support it.

Gotta admit I haven't studied him too closely in the past, but I'm struggling to find any solid basis to support it.

I was more concerned with the lack of eyes on ball/head over ball incident from last week

What happened to Pittard at Port? AA squad in 2016....to not getting a game at the end. Did his form just drop off a cliff?
i hthink he got injured and they also changed their game style to controlling the ball by chipping it around.

I think it stems from his final game for them last year where he turned it over time and time again, leaving them with that as their final memory of him. Nevermind the fact the whole team was shyte on the night and he was trying to take the game on. It was pretty poor though. However, he played far better games besides that one and was one of several in their cross hairs following a disappointing exit after a crappy last half of the season. My Port supporting brother in-law calls him Shittard but he tends to blame the Victorian players on their list for any of their stuff ups regardless so I take that with a grain of salt.

I think it stems from his final game for them last year where he turned it over time and time again, leaving them with that as their final memory of him. Nevermind the fact the whole team was shyte on the night and he was trying to take the game on. It was pretty poor though. However, he played far better games besides that one and was one of several in their cross hairs following a disappointing exit after a crappy last half of the season. My Port supporting brother in-law calls him Shittard but he tends to blame the Victorian players on their list for any of their stuff ups regardless so I take that with a grain of salt.
Cant be any worse than Lmac.

What happened to Pittard at Port? AA squad in 2016....to not getting a game at the end. Did his form just drop off a cliff?

Right from his draft day, he was given the green light to run carry and take the game on. Was turn over after turn over. As he matured he got less and less right into the 2016 season. He then went back to his old ways and no longer being a teenager wasnt cut the same slack anymore.
His 1 or 2 great things dont make up for his stuff ups. No one was sad to see him go.
Especially in the modern game when a turnover normally ends up in a goal.
Nothing bad towards the bloke. Seemed a good guy and good team man. But at 28 couldn't see him tidying up his game. Hence was delisted / given away

Right from his draft day, he was given the green light to run carry and take the game on. Was turn over after turn over. As he matured he got less and less right into the 2016 season. He then went back to his old ways and no longer being a teenager wasnt cut the same slack anymore.
His 1 or 2 great things dont make up for his stuff ups. No one was sad to see him go.
Nothing bad towards the bloke. Seemed a good guy and good team man. But at 28 couldn't see him tidying up his game. Hence was delisted / given away
Fair enough. Many thanks for the nice preciś, much appreciated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m liking this guy - looks like he is always trying 100% - gives his best every time

A good compliment to the other guys down back so I’m looking forward to watching him and fingers crossed he can find a niche

He gets pretty far up the ground too so he must cover some kms - seems to like a goal which is interesting for a backman

In an odd way reminds me of Gary 'Crazy Horse' Cowton in that he is always at the ball but sometimes his choices and turn overs make you scratch your head. Just when you think he is an excellent player he will leave you shaking your head.

If Marley can't get up Round 1 I think Jasper will do his role just as well.

He didn't seem to have much trouble when Marley went down in JLT 2, and his disposal and kicking was much more cleaner than the first game. You can't really get too mad for a guy who's doing what he should and you got him for steak knives.

If Marley can't get up Round 1 I think Jasper will do his role just as well.

He didn't seem to have much trouble when Marley went down in JLT 2, and his disposal and kicking was much more cleaner than the first game. You can't really get too mad for a guy who's doing what he should and you got him for steak knives.
Seems to be making good decisions...mainly choosing simple options and picking his moment to run and gun rather than indiscriminate run and gun. Decision making re haircut very impressive also. I'm no expert in such matters having little hair of my own but I believe many of the younger folk would consider that style quite avant garde...

So it wasn't about Port's salary cap?

I will be keeping a close eye on how household names like Dan Houston, Darcy Byrne-Jones and Xavier Duursma outperform Pittard this year.

I will be keeping a close eye on how household names like Dan Houston, Darcy Byrne-Jones and Xavier Duursma outperform Pittard this year.

Can’t stand Byrne-Jones. Weak campaigner. Always sooking to the umps trying to milk a free. Last year, after he got a free against Ziebell, he had a crack at Jack from behind, when Ziebell turned around to confront him, he yelled out to the ump.

Can’t stand Byrne-Jones. Weak campaigner. Always sooking to the umps trying to milk a free. Last year, after he got a free against Ziebell, he had a crack at Jack from behind, when Ziebell turned around to confront him, he yelled out to the ump.

I left out 23 game supremo Riley Bonner

Bonner: It'll be weird lining up against my former mentor

1552292549233.png
1552292591591.png

He played In the sanfl even when fit. So no not really. I guess it was just an added bonus we could have a slight salary dump with him going knowing north had plenty of room.
But no I definitely wouldnt say that was the reason as he was outside our best 22

He played In the sanfl even when fit. So no not really. I guess it was just an added bonus we could have a slight salary dump with him going knowing north had plenty of room.
But no I definitely wouldnt say that was the reason as he was outside our best 22

Nah..............it was actually about the salary cap. The same reason you couldn't keep Polec.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=14&type=A&pid1=3329&pid2=3967&fid1=C&fid2=C

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=14&type=A&pid1=3329&pid2=4196&fid1=C&fid2=C

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=14&type=A&pid1=3329&pid2=4270&fid1=C&fid2=C

lol ok... go over to our board and ask if it was only because of salary cap lol

But anyway he seemed like a good bloke and it showed by how many players got around him as opposed to polec after the game.
Hope he does well!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back