Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Remove this Banner Ad

lol ok... go over to our board and ask if it was only because of salary cap lol

But anyway he seemed like a good bloke and it showed by how many players got around him as opposed to polec after the game.
Hope he does well!

I think you make a fair point. Pittard had run his race at Port and needed to move on to re-ignite his career. Happens to a lot of players and works out some of the time. The salary dump was just a bonus.

On the popularity thing, it's pretty well known that Polec is a bit of a loner, so he wouldn't be interested in the post-game hugs and back-slapping. That was nice for Pittard, but to me, what was even nicer was Polec drilling that set shot goal from the boundary. He's there to play football and not to make friends, and the guy can certainly play football.

Just no.

We have one of the biggest underspends (and offloaded 2 of our highest paid players in Winged and Polec).

Polec wanted more than we were willing to pay, so technically salary cap. Pittard was just unwanted so we let him go.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Just no.

We have one of the biggest underspends (and offloaded 2 of our highest paid players in Winged and Polec).

Polec wanted more than we were willing to pay, so technically salary cap. Pittard was just unwanted so we let him go.

From the outside looking it that's how I'd have seen Polec and Pittard.

Not sure of the intracies of the Wingard situation, a very talented player who had seemingly fallen out of of love at Port?

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think you make a fair point. Pittard had run his race at Port and needed to move on to re-ignite his career. Happens to a lot of players and works out some of the time. The salary dump was just a bonus.

On the popularity thing, it's pretty well known that Polec is a bit of a loner, so he wouldn't be interested in the post-game hugs and back-slapping. That was nice for Pittard, but to me, what was even nicer was Polec drilling that set shot goal from the boundary. He's there to play football and not to make friends, and the guy can certainly play football.

totally agree. i think people tend to forget these are 44ish random guys thrown together. not everyone will get along with everyone and so many different personalities. plus the amount of time they have to spend with each other!
Yer just like wingard, who most hated to see go but could understand why, a fresh start was needed

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Just no.

Yeah, I'm calling Kane Cornes inspired BULLSHIT on that.

Yeah, I'm calling Kane Cornes inspired BULLSHIT on that.

Yes. These people haven’t followed their club and his career closely for the past decade. They waited for Kane Cornes to retire, grow a media profile and tell them what to think.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Yes. These people haven’t followed their club and his career closely for the past decade. They waited for Kane Cornes to retire, grow a media profile and tell them what to think.

My experience with you lot is that, with a handful of exceptions, are all batshit delusional.

Last edited:
My experience with you lot is that, with a handful of exceptions, you are all batshit delusional.

You’d be the first person in the history of BigFooty to be wrong on account of confirmation bias and preconceived notions.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
From the outside looking it that's how I'd have seen Polec and Pittard.

Not sure of the intracies of the Wingard situation, a very talented player who had seemingly fallen out of of love at Port?

Polec just got a greater offer than we were prepared to match.

North have been shopping for talent for a while and it takes more money to get people to shift.

Pittard has had a up and down career, mostly down lately, we have a huge stock of half backs much younger coming through, and north wanted him. That we get to clear his salary is a bonus.

Averages a lot more 1%s than most HBs. Does he get across for a lot of spoils?

Probably one of the best spoilers for his height I can remember.

He is excellent defensively in the air. Will take some intercepts without being elite at it but bread and butter is coming over the top 3rd man up style and killing contest

His weakness always has been his decision making with the ball in his hands can get really bizarre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
You’d be the first person in the history of BigFooty to be wrong on account of confirmation bias and preconceived notions.

Yeah, because "tribey" says so.

Fact: Port rooted their cap with the likes of Watts, Rockliff & Motlop, and it cost them Polec & Pittard then Wingard told them to jam it after they ****ed him about trying to make ends meet.

BTW, tell that weak prick Macca19 to come over here and discuss the matter on a level playing field rather than attempting to rope me in to going over their where he can utilise his dork boy moderator powers.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Fact: Port rooted their cap with the likes of Watts, Rockliff & Motlop, and it cost them Polec & Pittard then Wingard told them to jam it after they ****** him about trying to make ends meet.

BTW, tell that weak prick Macca19 to come over here and discuss the matter on a level playing field rather than attempting to rope me in to going over their where he can utilise his dork boy moderator powers.

Got anything to back up this “fact” about our salary cap being rooted? Where did you see this? Opinion on bigfooty based that we brought in free agents.

Averages a lot more 1%s than most HBs. Does he get across for a lot of spoils?

He's excellent defensively. He's a wonderful intercept mark and is a great spoiler. Very good at positioning. The absolute best part of his game is the fact he knows how to defend without giving away free kicks. He has always been elite at that.

And then he gets the ball...

Fact: Port rooted their cap with the likes of Watts, Rockliff & Motlop, and it cost them Polec & Pittard then Wingard told them to jam it after they ****** him about trying to make ends meet.

Feel free to continue this embarrassment on our board. You won't be carded.

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Maggies, Spurs, Raiders?

just winding back a minute, how does a bunch of stat comparisons with players 5-6 years younger actually relate to salary cap?

Pittard had a good 2016 which was (in my mind) a form he had been building to over the previous few years. Then 2017-18 had a drop off in form, cataclysmic even last year when he was dropped to reserves.

That's not to say he was a terrible player, in fact quite a smart defender with some good leadership skills (just learn to clench your sphincter when you're 11 points down, 3 minutes to go and surging forward, he gets the ball in traffic).

Houston, Byrne-Jones, Bonner all are yet to hit their prime, with Pittard arguably having reached it briefly then dropped back to his normal bombscare best.

Good get for North as a half-eaten burger rings deal tough.

Boxx

Premiership Player
Mar 2, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Fairly certain Port are paying a share of Pittards salary still.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I would have been happy to continue to pay his entire salary as long as it meant he would never pull on a Port jumper again.

By all accounts he is a good enough bloke and I hope he goes well for you guys - but i for one am over the ******* moon that he is no longer on our list!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back