Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel free to continue this embarrassment on our board. You won't be carded.

Need a pack behind you? Doesn't surprise me.

The only "embarrassment" here is the amount of times we have done you over at the trade table, and all the post trade damage control in the world won't change that fact.

The problem with you flogs is that you still carry on like you're a big fish in a little pond. YOU AREN'T ANY MORE!

The majority of it actually. Not sure how paying for his salary provides us with so called relief that we don't even need.

So we're effectively paying $750K this year for Polec AND Pittard? This get's even better.

He's excellent defensively. He's a wonderful intercept mark and is a great spoiler. Very good at positioning. The absolute best part of his game is the fact he knows how to defend without giving away free kicks. He has always been elite at that.

And then he gets the ball...

Yet his disposal efficiency is on par with all the blokes you have taking his spot.

Just admit that your club ****ed up the cap and let's move on with life.

Last edited:
just winding back a minute, how does a bunch of stat comparisons with players 5-6 years younger actually relate to salary cap?

Pittard had a good 2016 which was (in my mind) a form he had been building to over the previous few years. Then 2017-18 had a drop off in form, cataclysmic even last year when he was dropped to reserves.

That's not to say he was a terrible player, in fact quite a smart defender with some good leadership skills (just learn to clench your sphincter when you're 11 points down, 3 minutes to go and surging forward, he gets the ball in traffic).

Houston, Byrne-Jones, Bonner all are yet to hit their prime, with Pittard arguably having reached it briefly then dropped back to his normal bombscare best.

Good get for North as a half-eaten burger rings deal tough.

Hang on, didn't you lot bring in Watts, Rockliff and Motlop because you are supposedly IN A PREMIERSHIP WINDOW?

............and now you expect me to believe all of this "developmental phase" bullshit at the same time?

You people are seriously delusional.

I would have been happy to continue to pay his entire salary as long as it meant he would never pull on a Port jumper again.

By all accounts he is a good enough bloke and I hope he goes well for you guys - but i for one am over the ******* moon that he is no longer on our list!

Yeah, these blokes are MILES better.:rolleyes:

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=14&type=A&pid1=3329&pid2=3967&fid1=C&fid2=C

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=14&type=A&pid1=3329&pid2=4196&fid1=C&fid2=C

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=14&type=A&pid1=3329&pid2=4270&fid1=C&fid2=C

Hang on, didn't you lot bring in Watts, Rockliff and Motlop because you are supposedly IN A PREMIERSHIP WINDOW?

............and now you expect me to believe all of this "developmental phase" bullshit at the same time?

You people are seriously delusional.
I never said 'Developmental Phase' or premiership window for that matter.

Watts: Melbourne paying half for
Motlop: market rate +
Rockliff: market rate +
We had cap space due to contacts negotiated before the new agreement.

I'm glad you brought up Watts though. Perfect comparison in relation to how Melbourne got rid of him and how Port let Jasper go. We saw his best, we saw his worst, offload.

But continue believing that we know less about a player we watched for years than you...🙄

I'm glad you brought up Watts though. Perfect comparison in relation to how Melbourne got rid of him and how Port let Jasper go. We saw his best, we saw his worst, offload.

But continue believing that we know less about a player we watched for years than you...

Careful Christoph, or he’ll break out the footywire stats again!

But continue believing that we know less about a player we watched for years than you...🙄

It's the "market rate +" that I'm referring to, you pelican.

Mate, if I lived in Adelaide, you lot would be mowing my lawn.
I would never go far enough North or South of Adelaide to the suburbs that a peasant, bogan * like you would live in to mow your lawn champ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the "market rate +" that I'm referring to, you pelican.
The plus* we could afford because of reasons stated in the following sentence.

Nobody but you and Damien Barrett seem to believe (through no evidence except for some unrelated stats) that Port have some salary cap problems.

*I'm assuming we paid a little above market as you have to do when you want to get a player that other teams are also targeting (vide North and Polec)

I would never go far enough North or South of Adelaide to the suburbs that a peasant, bogan **** like you would live in to mow your lawn champ...

LOL, this is a classic!

Your entire state is boganville!

You'd be living in 3rd world conditions and drinking bore water if it wasn't for the good graces of the Eastern states!

Funny enough I did a "same age comparison" for all three.

Guess who looks better then?

So desperate to claw at anything resembling turd polish

Do "All Australian nominations" then get back to me.:thumbsu:

LOL, this is a classic!

Your entire state is boganville!

You'd be living in 3rd world conditions and drinking bore water if it wasn't for the good graces of the Eastern states!
Cool story boss, at least we don’t have Jasper on our list anymore...

The plus* we could afford because of reasons stated in the following sentence.

The same + that royally ****ed up your cap and saw 3 x 1st round picks walk out of your club?

A Waite like trade i feel. Has shown enormous potential, just needs a chance to settle and develop consistency

Who hasn't become "better" after coming to our club in recent years?

Pittards "better" is All Australian.

Sadly, you guys will learn why Pittard leaves many of we Port supporters with a bad taste in our mouths.

Yeah he has some good run and carry sometimes, but there is FAR too much bad decision making, stupid clangers, and BOMBSCARE moments that make Adam Kingsley c 2004 look like Gavin Wanganeen.

Don't shoot the messenger.

^ Guys, we hear what you're all saying. Indeed, many of us here perceived it when he played for Port. Yep, he's subject to brain fades, poor decisions and at times, ridiculously poor execution. I reckon Jasper himself knows these are the knocks on him, too. And now he has a clean slate where he can re-set, learn from what was going wrong, and play to his strengths.

For Port, his negatives started to outweigh his positives. I think there's a good chance that it will turn the other way. If not, then at least Port are the ones paying him (I'd actually forgotten that) to play in our reserves.

I spoke to ex-port fitness guru John Burguess recently and he was told Port coaches were more upset about losing Pittard than Polec. Something about Pittard's best is top 5 at the club whereas Polec is just outside that. I wasn't even shocked because I know footballers and Pittard is a great one.

I've been impressed by his 2 JLT games. He's played well. I love the haircut. I cut my hair the same on Monday. As soon as I stepped out of the barbershop a 9.8/10 shouted out "hey wild thing! You make my heart sing". I thought "okay, she must be a North supporter and really like Pittard too" so I walked over to say hi. Her flirt meter was dialled to 11 which was odd because I know cosmo magazine tells women to play hard to get. I said "so you like Pittard too huh?" and she said "who? I was talking about Ricky Vaugh"...I just walked off because I don't like the exploitation of Indians.

If we can get Pittard and L Mac to play on instinct and take the game on via penetrating long-kicks, while providing solid one-on-one work, then I am a happy fan. The short chippy style of play doesn't suit Pittard and certainly doesn't suit North either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back