Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Salary cap pressure isn't the reason we didn't match North's contract offer for Polec. I could afford to pay $10 for a loaf of bread, the fact that I could afford it doesn't mean it's not overpriced.

Hey, remember on Saturday when you were smugly posting on the Port board about how low Pittard's clanger stats were, somebody pointed out that you were actually looking at his clearance stats, and you disappeared without another post? Good times.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Salary cap pressure isn't the reason we didn't match North's contract offer for Polec. I could afford to pay $10 for a loaf of bread, the fact that I could afford it doesn't mean it's not overpriced.

Hey, remember on Saturday when you were smugly posting on the Port board about how low Pittard's clanger stats were, somebody pointed out that you were actually looking at his clearance stats, and you disappeared without another post? Good times.
Bonds blue singlet wearer, Exhibit A.

I would actually really like to see Pittard do well at North, the poor bloke copped an absolute bollocking from our fans over the years and I'd like to see him have some success. But there was a reason he copped that bollocking from the fans, and that was because he was making stupid mistakes that cost us goals significantly more than any other PAFC player since we shipped O'Shea off.

He had one excellent year, in 2016 most of those clangers temporarily disappeared and he was playing really solid consistent football. But before and since that year it's been a completely different story. That's why he had been in and out of the SANFL side over the last couple of seasons.

The one thing I'll definitely give him though is that you can never doubt his effort or his passion. The guy gives 100% every time he steps onto the field, and he visibly hates losing.

Fair call, but to run with your analogy, you must have been somewhat bemused when your club paid $10 each for three bags of Twisties (of the Motlop, Watts, Rockliff varieties).

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

More dick head Adelaide logic.

You didn't match for Polec, because after the great spud buying spree of 2017 the kitty could only cater for Wingard.........WHO WALKED OUT ANYWAY!:p

Hey, get a tattoo to commemorate what must have been a huge moment in your life.

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Maggies, Spurs, Raiders?
Those pick ups despite being much derided are actually shaping up OK I reckon...
To be honest, and I'll leave you guys be, as much as I'm glad to see the back of Pittard, I'll be happy if he does well.

kaboom kid

From the River to the Sea, Israel will be free.
Apr 28, 2016
Destination club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
To be honest, and I'll leave you guys be, as much as I'm glad to see the back of Pittard, I'll be happy if he does well.
Thanks for that. I was actually referring to Rockliff , Watts and Motlop. Not as disastrous as everyone makes out in my opinion.

kaboom kid

From the River to the Sea, Israel will be free.
Apr 28, 2016
Destination club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thanks for the insights Port fans. Could go either way from here. Should be a fun ride.
We've certainly had more than our fair share of frustrating players over the journey. I'm very optimistic about Pittard however one shouldn't estimate his massive whipping boy potential....iffy decision making, trendy haircuts, unusual tattoos. He certainly has some work to do to get past our current whipping boys though...

Aug 21, 2011
Basement of the J. Edgar Hoover Building
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester City, Melbourne Victory
Sadly, you guys will learn why Pittard leaves many of we Port supporters with a bad taste in our mouths.

Yeah he has some good run and carry sometimes, but there is FAR too much bad decision making, stupid clangers, and BOMBSCARE moments that make Adam Kingsley c 2004 look like Gavin Wanganeen.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Yeah, we're completely foreign to that. No idea what it looks like. Might be in for the biggest shock of all.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
All we need is one of them to keep telling us that Sam Colquhoun is going to be a gun.

(Yes, I had to google to find out his name)

1552477413671.png

Back