Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Remove this Banner Ad

600k? You having a laugh? That's more then we wanted to pay Wells
I know.

You won't find another person who rates Wells as highly as I do, but given the choice between Wells or Pittard, Pittard gets the nod.

He's a beautiful kick. Yes, he does miss targets, but that's entirely down to his decision making for me, which he has improved greatly.

He's ahead of every small to medium defender by a fair margin (Williams excluded).

600k is the new 400k

I remember being blown away when Alistair Lynch signed his $1M 10 year deal. $100k per year FFS. "The bloke's set for life!"

Times change rapidly.

If we have it spare and he fits a need to help improve us for our next tilt, so be it I reckon, even at $600k.

We have no idea how it could be structured. Front ending a contract and spreading the rest more thinly would be likely, for all of our targets.

He is better than Atley.....In my opinion.
Another thing worth thinking is if we're chasing him it means we're about change focus on Dusty beers or we're thinking of making more space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to know what Higgo, Taz, Browny, Wood, Jmac, Thommo and Garner think of a bloke coming in on $600k to run off half back. That would be more coin that all those blokes.

i think players would be happy with Kelly and Martin coming in on huge dollars because they are in the top 10 players in the comp - they will make a difference.

Jasper Pittard? - not sure everyone will buy into that - but it would be good to know what our players who are on less think about it.
He's pretty good as steak knives if we land the other 2.

So he is basiaclly a slightly more attacking Aaron Mullett.

Not sure I see the point. Maybe some porkies by his management to get $$$ locked away from Port considering it is known we have a massive wad.

Of cash.

So he is basiaclly a slightly more attacking Aaron Mullett.

Not sure I see the point. Maybe some porkies by his management to get $$$ locked away from Port considering it is known we have a massive wad.

Of cash.
My thoughts too. All this war chest talk and we are the Colingwood of 2017 - every manager in negotiations floating a story North has a big offer on the table.

After the acquisitions of Marley and Hrovat I'm happy to back the club in, they know exactly what type they're going after and getting plenty of value on the dollar so far

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

If he was coming for nothing which is what Williams and Hrovat cost us then I would be fine with it. For $600k a year it is not the same type of deal, it is the kind of deal Collingwood would make.

I don't feel two Pittards are worth one Kelly. I'd rather us have kids run around for nothing and save the money for when an A grade player is available rather than sink a fair bit of cash on a B grade player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back