Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
A4803098-C9E0-4B8E-B3FE-C5B3DBA2A183.jpeg

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'll happily admit that I wasn't overly enthused about his recruitment, but I could see the value in his attacking game.

Prior to his recruitment I also thought he was defensively suspect and a little bit on the softer side. He proved me wrong on both those accounts. Defensively he is fantastic, and has a lot of courage especially when marking above his head.

The thing that has surprised me the most over the last 12 months is his contested and intercept marking. He is elite (for his size) at marking above his head. Took a number of goal saving marks throughout the year.

After a full pre-season I'm hoping he'll be able to up his disposal and rebound numbers to match his AA squad year.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Was he ever in the leadership group at Port? Think/hope he's the sort of guy to relish being trusted with such responsibility.
Don't think so.

Jasp ain't your average footy head. He is a smart fellow, thoughtful, introspective and a bit more inner-north than most footy players. He also obviously understands the game which was clear in his talk to his fellow defenders on Friday and in close convo with Scamper during breaks. And he is gutsy as all *, which helps.

Back