Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Brainfart aside, I loved the aggression he brought to the game yesterday.

This is what we need from a mature member of the leadership group when the team is on the ropes.

He surprised me. Never doubted his guts, but I never saw this coming either. Long may it continue.

Brainfart aside, I loved the aggression he brought to the game yesterday.

This is what we need from a mature member of the leadership group when the team is on the ropes.

He surprised me. Never doubted his guts, but I never saw this coming either. Long may it continue.

Was good yesterday. The thing still missing from his game, relative to 2019, is his intercept marking. He's getting his hands on a few but not holding them. Perhaps conditions are playing a part, but we'll know he's back when he starts taking grabs when floating in front of packs.

Je suis Jasper.

I have lashed myself to the mast and will sink or float with this guy.

I’m not going to criticise him for shoving Murphy. It happens every single game. Murphy dived and the umpire was and is a nerdling dweeb.

Keep fighting, Jasper.

I thought Pittard played a solid game yesterday. When he broke that tackle across half forward to open up the play, it spoke volumes about his mindset. Yes, he went too far on the 3Q siren, but I like where he's headed.

Also, FWIW it was good to see Hall take the game on as well. More please, but FFS learn how to kick the thing.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

My take is we've identified 2 things

We have a clear gap of an aggressive HBF with turn of pace and clean disposal. Jasper is not this. Disposal too inconsistent and not quick enough.

We also routinely get cut up by that exact same opposing position and we need a defensive forward.

It was Docherty he was on yesterday?

If so he kept him to his lowest output this year.

Doubt he's gettting dropped if so.

Let's call it like it is - time for the truth. It's the hair. All turned to 5hit since he died his hair.
I was gonna say he needs to scrape the bird s**t off his head and get back to playing real footy.

Says a lot about us as a club having this mental giant in our leadership group.
We bring in so many dumb players - time and a place for such bravado
People are acting like he came in with a spinning roundhouse to Murphy’s jaw and then head butted his wife for good measure.

What he did was cost us shot on goal from 20 m out directly in front, a goal that would have given us a one point lead at three quarter time.

He is in the leadership group. He is sposed to be aware of the bigger picture and driving the club toward success not costing us wins. It's his first year in the leadership group. Hopefully he learns from the mistake.

And up til that he was great. His aggression was perfect. He just lost control of it at exactly the wrong moment.

He could end up being the unpredictable small Forward we've been missing for so long. I think he brushed on a bit of Lindsay's dark horse brilliance as they passed their respective North-Port ships in the night, in what seems like such a long time ago now..

Wish they'd posted his other goal too, as it was a thing of beauty. For all the Jasper haters from last week, I think he more than redeemed himself last night. He's one of our most valuable players, in that he's now proven his versatility and ability to play exceptionally well at both ends of the field and, like Linds was, he's fast become the ever-divisive heart and soul of our beloved team. A tough mantle to carry for the Bigfooty crowd, but he's done it with true aplomb and ever-perfect hair. :thumbsu::blueheart:

Anyways, I freaking love this man. Don't care where we play him each week, just play him.

FlyHigh18

Arden St Parking Inspector
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For so long we’ve been needing a forward who can help stop the easy ball coming out of our F50.

Imagine finally realising that this bloke can apply pressure better than he can absorb it.

Bonus: he doesn’t need to kick out of defense!

Coaching genius or desperation move that seems to be paying off?

He's giving us some real "X factor" at half forward with Garner out of the side.

Leave him there.

So true and adding another string to his bow.

Means we have Pittard, Walker and Daw that can swing around to provide options during a game.

Pittard tries so hard and does have creative X factor - occasionally this mix of exuberance can result in errors, 'goals' in the backline but not as costly up forward.

I like him in the team.

Back