Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Remove this Banner Ad

the trade for polec/pittard looks s**t even more now

we had pick 11 which ended up zac butters, we had to trade cos TT was going to get bid on in the 7-10 range but we should have found a way to upgrade pick 11 that year into a top 6 pick to get one of the King twins or bailey smith

or traded pick 11 for a better player

Yeah well, he was good last game.

He wasn't last night.

No idea what to expect from him this year tbh.

The bloke is busting his guts against heavy odds and there's not much more we can ask of him right now.

Can’t fault his effort....but it would be nice if he kicked the footy with the middle of his foot and not his shin from time to time. His kicking and decision making has been really poor all year.

the trade for polec/pittard looks sh*t even more now

we had pick 11 which ended up zac butters, we had to trade cos TT was going to get bid on in the 7-10 range but we should have found a way to upgrade pick 11 that year into a top 6 pick to get one of the King twins or bailey smith

or traded pick 11 for a better player
How would you have upgraded pick 11 to 7?

Does he stay on as part of the rebuild?
His form wasn’t this bad last year but my issue with him has never been his effort or defensive capabilities, it’s always been his kicking.
We are where we are because we butcher the footy like no other and we just can’t afford that at halfback.

Now you're buying it too?
The Jasper of 2019 and our wins this year is a contributor. But his last 2 months have been career killing. We cant afford to have such a wide gap between the good and the bad, which has been pretty much Norths issues since 2000.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect he'll be dropped this week despite our injuries.

Loved him last year, no idea what's happened to him. Has to be confidence.

I suspect he'll be dropped this week despite our injuries.

Loved him last year, no idea what's happened to him. Has to be confidence.

He's also being played in the forward line for some reason despite being drafted as a back flanker and playing his whole career there. Little puzzling

He's also being played in the forward line for some reason despite being drafted as a back flanker and playing his whole career there. Little puzzling

Been playing defensive roles on the half backs that set their team's ball movement up I believe. Did a good job against Carlton, the rest not so great iitc.

JP copped his right whack this week - he should have been dropped way before this.
Yeah in fairness to him he hasn't been unaccountable and not prepared to "go", for example, he's been completely down on confidence and just basically shithouse. Thought his stint forward might have ignited him....maybe a rest will. I reckon he'd still be in our plans going forward, for now.

He’s a defender.
He is, for sure, but your defenders have GOT to be really good users of the ball these days.....with the "Clusterfk" set up all over the ground, the slightest of errors sees the ball sail over your head.
There's a place in all teams for defensive style forwards these days, he was actually going "ok" at that. He certainly looked confident wheeling around and having a shot at goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back