Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
haha you got to look back and see when he was drafted. was one of the skinnest guys ive seen out on the track. came from a long way back

Attachments

• 1261425_1_O.jpg
    1261425_1_O.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 279
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 310
  • 304772ac389194b60375f5b780d7d931.jpg
    304772ac389194b60375f5b780d7d931.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 304
Please tell me thats not true.

I really wouldn't put it past Port.
Theres a club that doesn't let their players do more than hand weights, or something like that, til they're 19-20.

Fairly certain it was Port. Dunno if they're still doing it.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Theres a club that doesn't let their players do more than hand weights, or something like that, til they're 19-20.

I think you're thinking of North Melbourne. Except they forbid heavy lifting until 29-30.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne

That's bizarre, I've never heard of something like that. I'm sure theres a massive sports science wank answer as to why.

But imo, you really can't build tonnes of weight lifting at below 19 anyway.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That's bizarre, I've never heard of something like that. I'm sure theres a massive sports science wank answer as to why.

But imo, you really can't build tonnes of weight lifting at below 19 anyway.
It’s probably banning the kids doing compound exercises, squats, deadlifts, ect. Which is fair enough.

But some sports scientist has extended to bench.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It’s probably banning the kids compound exercises, squats, deadlifts, ect.
But some sports scientist has extended to bench.

Ridiculous, I can understand cutting some of the compound exercises like squats and dead lifts, they're easy to get injured on without proper training and buildup.

But why cut the bench? Its the best development for your chest, and if injury/form is a concern, use a smith machine.
The starting strength pyramid of exercises is the greatest foundation of building muscle that I know of, you can't beat the proven germanic/greek classics.

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ridiculous, I can understand cutting some of the compound exercises like squats and dead lifts, they're easy to get injured on without proper training and buildup.

But why cut the bench? Its the best development for your chest, and if injury/form is a concern, use a smith machine.
The starting strength pyramid of exercises is the greatest foundation of building muscle that I know of, you can't beat the proven germanic/greek classics.
Smith machine should be banned before anything, any machine that restrict natural movement is a perfect way to get injured when you increase the weight.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

You don’t have to sell me, I’d still be making them do all the compounds. As they simply work at building muscle.

Last edited:

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Smith machine should be banned before anything, any machine that restrict natural movement is a perfect way to get injured when you increase the weight.

I'd only say smith machine because its a lighter load and requires zero oversight when using it if you're gonna go as far as ban the bench.

But yeah, its terrible overall, doesn't aid in form and engages fewer muscles that would otherwise help your bench.

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have to say having another look at the replay last night all I could think of was Aaron Mullett reincarnated...
The only thing Mullett could do reasonably well is kick, i dont think thats Pittards strong point.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Remember when Aaron Mullett averaged 20 touches and almost 6 rebounds a game over 20 matches and we delisted him as soon as we possibly could at the end of the season? Very flawed player and no wonder we improved without him.

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Remember when Aaron Mullett averaged 20 touches and almost 6 rebounds a game over 20 matches and we delisted him as soon as we possibly could at the end of the season? Very flawed player and no wonder we improved without him.
His decision making was under 12s level.

FlyHigh18

Arden St Parking Inspector
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He's like one of those little Showbags that come inside the big ass expensive Showbag you just bought at the Melbourne Show - i just hope it doesn't turn out to be another bag of Fizzers.

I'll reserve judgement until i see him play round 1 :p

Back