Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Remove this Banner Ad

Finlayson is nowhere near as good as people round here think. Has potential but has a number of pretty serious deficiencies too.

One thing that separates him from JMac, Atley and most others who have played that mid-defensive role is he actually knows how to spoil.
In a lot of cases, has the speed to stay close enough to his man to affect a spoil even if he does give up front position.
One thing that separates him from JMac, Atley and most others who have played that mid-defensive role is he actually knows how to spoil.
In a lot of cases, has the speed to stay close enough to his man to affect a spoil even if he does give up front position.
For me, he's better in the air than JMac and LMac, both spoiling and marking. Several effective spoils on Sunday. Not sure giving up front position is that big a deal if you can achieve an effective spoil. To a certain extent orwards are more likely to get front spot as they are proactive in leading torwards the ball whereas defenders are more likely to be reactive.

Personally, I'm liking what Jasper is bringing to the club (hair cut excepted) from what I've seen. The 2 ex-Port boys showed enough to suggest they will be valuable pickups. Hall and Tyson were a little underwhelming, so will expect a better showing this Sunday.

I see that pace that jasper provides he just seems a bit clumsy when the ball was at ground level or bouncing, will reserve judgment as he was nowhere near as bad as some others but would much prefer sammy wright

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you had to drop them in order:

Jmac, Lmac and Pittard, what are you doing?

For me Pittard would be the last standing after Lmac and Jmac are dropped, in that order.
At least when he gets the ball he considers options, the other two just bang the s**t out of it, often it's not to our advantage.

I agree with his spoiling ability. He can do this well and he’s pretty accomplished in the air although never really a natural 1-1 lock down defender. To his credit (if he needs any excuse - as I think he’s been okay), he’s been asked to play more ‘tall defender’ through JLT and Rd 1 to cover lack of other options (Tarrant, EVW) and we haven’t seen as much of his usual rebound. But when he has, I think his disposal has been solid and calm - certainly by comparison to others that have been conspicuously untidy....

Surprised by some of the negative reactions to his game. Other than an average period in the 3rd quarter, I thought he was our best defender. He's good overhead, can defend, and he used it pretty well. Amongst some s**t in that backline, he's had a pretty solid start to his North career.

Surprised by some of the negative reactions to his game. Other than an average period in the 3rd quarter, I thought he was our best defender. He's good overhead, can defend, and he used it pretty well. Amongst some s**t in that backline, he's had a pretty solid start to his North career.

Agreed, thought he played well enough to hold his spot and contributed positively to the team today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back