Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Remove this Banner Ad

But the p0rt fans said he was no good. Like any other player who ever leaves Port.

My brother in-law in Adelaide being their friggin cheerleader with his “you’ll love Shittard. Good riddance to the twat!” incessant comments my way. It’s an acidic response they seem to reserve for players who depart who weren’t recruited in from their local area. F*** ‘em!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I knew that he was a pretty solid defender, and his decision making and skills have been nowhere near as bad as advertised. In fact, they've actually been quite good, but what has surprised me is how good of an interceptor he is. He reads the ball in flight well, looks to have a surprisingly good vertical leap and sticky hands. With no Maj down there, who obviously excels as an interceptor, it's been really important.

Oh, and I love the haircut.

Gun. Heard via his manager the other day the club are super pleased with him.

I made a comment a few weeks back about how we missed out on Newman for this bloke but he's shone since (and the other fella hasn't looked too great). Smart trade so far.

Pittards best had him right up there with the best in the comp a couple years ago. His hammy issues clearly hampered him at Port, but a solid pre season has him looking back to his best.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He looks to me like a bloke that benefits greatly from a dedicated role, rather than the Hinkley model of swinging players all around the place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back