Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Falkroo

All Australian
Mar 9, 2005
On The Murray
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
the JLTs i was left scratching my head wondering 'isn't he supposed to be s**t?' And its easy to get trapped into what the reputation they've made so far at other teams.

But no matter where you come from, if you pull on the jumper for North you get a stamped pass for me, to have a clean slate and make an impression going forward.

Well, unless Im ******* crazy I can't say he's put a foot wrong so far. I don't even mind the haircut he's a real character. Plays his ******* heart out and plays angry and if you even do those things I'll say you're a good fit for North.

Helps that he's played 4 really good games, we gotta just get behind this guy if he keeps it up.
skinny guy with s**t haircut and mad dog attitude, reminds of Laids

Him being able to intercept, spoil and play tall while also providing a lot of run is very helpful for the set-up. He can play a role as a stopper on a bigger forward defensively.
However, in transition and and on the way out of defense, he has the skills to kick precisely and create.
This helped hugely with our defensive structure - particularly how we tried to hold the ball in defense against the Crows - and, unsuccessful against the Hawks.
McKay isn’t up to it yet and doesn’t have the confidence to ‘play out’ - you could see him asking for the ball and almost wishing it wouldn’t come his way against he Hawks.
Being able to shift the defense and move it forward, with Pittard playing tall then creatively out was important.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Soooo disappointed that he dropped the McMillan from his surname. We coulda had two of em to troll the numpties.

Soooo disappointed that he dropped the McMillan from his surname. We coulda had two of em to troll the numpties.
If I was one of the players, I'd still give him the nickname MacMillan ;)

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
He looks like a soft, flakey flanker. Never realised the reality was that he defends with intensity and throws himself around.

Has a really nice kick in terms of style but as some tipped he will go for high risk/reward options at times. The side as a whole ran harder on Saturday so he was able to hit targets more easily.

Hands down pick of the mature recruits for mine so far.

Just heard this mentioned on the Goldy ABC interview.

Jasper McMillan-Pittard.

Would that have been a record for Hyphenated named players in a team?

DrZaius

GENERATIONAL
Mar 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
norf
Imagine if I had a name like Jasper Pittard.

_Qg65bAgA8HBh0MbgZitPDx8pa4=.gif

Made the AFL Team of the week

6613-TOTW-2019-R4-B-HB.jpg

Fremantle pushed West Coast hard but Shannon Hurn kept the Dockers at bay with his intercepting and ball use. Keath took 14 marks in one of the finest performances of his short 16-game career. The Tigers have struggled to hit their best form but Dylan Grimes ensured they held on against Port Adelaide, with Ellis providing plenty of assistance. Essendon missed Cale Hooker as he dealt with a calf injury and he showed what he can do against Brisbane with a game-high 13 marks. For North, Pittard endeared himself to the Roos faithful.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Made the AFL Team of the week

6613-TOTW-2019-R4-B-HB.jpg

Fremantle pushed West Coast hard but Shannon Hurn kept the Dockers at bay with his intercepting and ball use. Keath took 14 marks in one of the finest performances of his short 16-game career. The Tigers have struggled to hit their best form but Dylan Grimes ensured they held on against Port Adelaide, with Ellis providing plenty of assistance. Essendon missed Cale Hooker as he dealt with a calf injury and he showed what he can do against Brisbane with a game-high 13 marks. For North, Pittard endeared himself to the Roos faithful.

That's like an All Australian for a North player.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would love to know where he stands in the B&F.
Would have to be top 5, with a solid chance of top 3.

Building beautifully, and if the team can keep up it's energy then his aggressive kicking will pay dividends. Will always be a few that go astray horribly, but the more blokes we have running hard and presenting the more likely it is to pay off.

Looking like a very astute trade the Pittard-Polec deal.

There will be times this year that Pittard will frustrate the crap out of all of us, but what he brings will far outweigh the initial frustration.

The thing is, I can honestly say that at no time so far this season have I felt frustrated by anything that Pittard has done. The only other players I can say that about are BEN, LDU, Bailey, Polec and, maybe, Atley. Jed too but he has only played one game. Even Higgins has frustrated me a couple of times.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Back