Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Remove this Banner Ad

Outstanding game - has no fear backing into serious packs and knows when to go instead of being kamikaze. Got crunched backing into one when and we saw Tarrant and others get to him acknowledging his courage.

He's been taking marks in front of packs all year. Watch him live and he sticks to opponents like a glove if required - he's quick and agile for his size. He builds his game on denying/defending his opponent and the rest follows on from there.

The other backmen who played last night - Tarrant, Thompson, Durdin, Williams, Atley, McDonald also are doing that and had just 13 turnovers between them with intinctive, low possession ball movement instead of the contrived overuse. Outstanding and a big reason why Collingwood barely scored from turnover.

Was just on 774

Says that Shaw text him after the Trade was done with a welcoming message having never met him and from that moment on he said he felt wanted at the Club and has not looked back

I wonder if he realises hes become a cult figure amongst the fans?!?

It's clear he plays with and embodies the spirit of the club and we love him for it!

Was just on 774

Says that Shaw text him after the Trade was done with a welcoming message having never met him and from that moment on he said he felt wanted at the Club and has not looked back
and little things like that is why the players love Shaw.

I’ve gotta come clean.

Watching Port games over the past couple of years I could see why their supporters had Jasper as their whipping boy, he always tried to do too much with the pill and inevitably turned it over, so when we recruited him I cringed a little.

But seeing him every week now and how Shaw (as backline coach) harnessed his skill set from preseason just proves the instructions by the Port coaches actually put him in those failing situations.

If there’s ever a snapshot of how Shaw sees the individual’s skill set needed to fit the team narrative then Jasper is the man - he’s been absolutely brilliant. Shaw is a bloody astute coach!

Was just on 774

He's a great speaker too. He really listens to the question and gives honest, thoughtful answers, not a jumble of cliches. To the point where he completely gave our game plan away.

I didn't expect that looking at him..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the replay , Jasper is a gun, something not right why Port turned on him. He knows when to attack and then you see him bolting back to the backline. He is a good mark , he goes third up to help teammates , his kicking which was an issue previously is ok and he creates a lot of attacks.
He is a team player

He's a great speaker too. He really listens to the question and gives honest, thoughtful answers, not a jumble of cliches. To the point where he completely gave our game plan away.

I didn't expect that looking at him..

If he did something about his hairstyle he would go from Torana bogan to a Rhodes Scholar

If he did something about his hairstyle he would go from Torana bogan to a Rhodes Scholar

He could put on a bald wig and a beard he'd still look like a 12 year old boy.

Play's footy like a seasoned alpha though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back