Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Remove this Banner Ad

He's been great, but I don't think the Polec comparison is fair. Polec has been a lot better than given credit, but our expectations have been higher, and rightly so. He's pure quality and class, Polec. He will be better in his second year for us too.

But Pittard has surprised many - it has been a great trade all round, given that the first rounder we gave up meant nothing to us, due to Thomas situation.

At one point the pies kicked a goal and Jasper was on the line as it sailed through. The ball would have been at least 5m high when it went through.

It was impossible to reach but that didn’t stop Jasper from jumping to try touch it.

This guy is all positive energy. I love it.

So so so true! He just tries every second of every game no matter what the circumstance. He’s the best team player you could ask for.

I’m in the USA and missed the game but I look forward to watching the full replay when I get home. I’ll be one happy girl. Hearing Lyon say we put the fear of god into Collingwood is the best thing I’ve heard about our team in a long time!

Still think polecs the best but Pittard is a dead set jet.
It’s pretty much line ball between those two. Polec has been really solid after a slow start to the season. Pittard has been terrific from the get go & far exceeded everyone’s expectations. He was the the steak knives in that deal & has been anything but...

It’s pretty much line ball between those two. Polec has been really solid after a slow start to the season. Pittard has been terrific from the get go & far exceeded everyone’s expectations. He was the the steak knives in that deal & has been anything but...
Pittard made the top 40 for the all aust team a couple of years ago. You don’t lose talent. A lot of people thought he’d be the one who would grab the opportunity.

Watch the trash talk but a player who’d have similar impact would be Ellis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pittard made the top 40 for the all aust team a couple of years ago. You don’t lose talent. A lot of people thought he’d be the one who would grab the opportunity.

Watch the trash talk but a player who’d have similar impact would be Ellis.
Ellis from Richmond? Hates a hardball. Hard no thanks.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I thought he was a bit shaky in defense at start of year, he opted to punch balls in marking contests rather than marking it in first few games that I watched. I'm glad that improved in recent weeks seeing his intercept marking numbers.
Also, Pittard is able to kick with both sides (I think), Polec only kicks with left, although elite at it.

It's interesting that after we've blooded all 5 players from other clubs early in the season (Polec, Pittard, Hall, Tyson, Campbell), since our midseason revival it's been only Polec and Pittard as mainstays in our best 22. Now Hall and Tyson are recovering from injuries, will be interesting if they can force their way into the side, but I think playing all of them straight away was always going to be fraught with danger.

While Jasper arrived from the same club, in the same deal as Polec, that's where the comparisons end for me.

He's an awesome player and I had a strong hunch he'd do very well at North after seeing his first interview. While a couple of his early games were a bit nervy, he's gone from strength to strength and his competitive nature was there at the outset. Love him.

Last edited:
It's interesting that after we've blooded all 5 players from other clubs early in the season (Polec, Pittard, Hall, Tyson, Campbell), since our midseason revival it's been only Polec and Pittard as mainstays in our best 22. Now Hall and Tyson are recovering from injuries, will be interesting if they can force their way into the side, but I think playing all of them straight away was always going to be fraught with danger.
Agreed. I think under this game style Tyson might have a better chance, but would love to see Hall do a few centre bounces if and when he comes back in. Throw Higgins back in as well and we have healthy dilemmas at the selection table. Still think JMac could fit in somewhere also, perhaps he might need to spend time in the mids and wings as others have alluded to. The form of Pittard and Atley, as well as the solid shutdown work LMac has done is going to make it hard for JMac to slot back into HB

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Big fan of Jasper. He’s not on the same level as Polec though. They should be judged independently.

yes, they should.

I love Poley, and while Jasper may not have his level of polish, what he brings in heart and soul and sheer will of spirit to our game is about the highest level you can find. I'll put that above anything. Add to that, he's a fine defender too. So, all things taken into account, he can hold his head up very high when it comes to any comparisons. I'm over the moon that we've got both of them, but Jasper especially.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back