Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Speaking of Waite, I think I heard he kicked 11 goals over the weekend for SKOBS v Old Xavs.

My memory was almost right. It was versus De La though, not Old Xavs. A fair effort first game back after a lengthy injury layoff.

Q1Q2Q3Q4
St Kevins5.0-3010.2-6218.5-11322.8-140
De La Salle 2.0-123.4-225.6-368.6-54

ST KEVINS
Goal Kickers: J. Waite 11, B. Kanakis 4, M. Brown 2, S. Kennedy 2, W. Coates, M. Arnot, J. Wood
Best Players: J. Waite, M. Brown, B. Kanakis, C. Matheson, E. Phillips, M. Arnot
DE LA SALLE
Goal Kickers: R. McDonough 2, S. Masterson 2, M. Griechen 2, H. Persson, K. O''Brien
Best Players: R. Hayward, H. Burt, J. Gotch, J. Tyquin, B. Nethersole, H. Persson

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nice of McGowan to rate him as the 3rd best trade steal.

Jasper Pittard
North Melbourne, via Port Adelaide
Key stats:
19 games, 17.9 disposals, 6.1 marks, 1.8 intercept marks, 5.8 spoils
Pittard tried to tell us in November last year: "I'm probably in the best shape I've been at this time of year for two or three years." How quickly we forget that this ex-Power defender made the All Australian squad in 2016. The 28-year-old hasn't missed a game for the Roos and his intercept marking and assuredness by foot has quickly made him a fan favourite at Arden St. Pretty remarkable, after he was just a throw-in in the Jared Polec swap.

Nov 29, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rockets, Astros, Capitals
Thought this was a good clip from the little "member exclusive" vids you get sent. Gotta love the Elton John and Kiki Dee in the background...(sorry, couldn't get it to embed)

https://www.nmfc.com.au/video/2019-...ch-rd-20-2019?camefrom=EMCL_3007565_144015159

And then this one - as if the hair and the tatts and the sleeves weren't enough, now there's the green toque! And his abstract thought patterns. He is more than just The Game - Jasper is ALL. ☀💚

Entertaining guest on the podcast, he has really done it all this year.

Is he the new J.Waite?

A little bit, yep. Or a lot. Both dark horses, cast out from clubs where they didn’t belong – because they were meant to be with us! But while Waitey was the sly old trickster, utterly unpredictable and dangerous when he had the fire lit, Jasper is pure and unabashed earnestness, born of a thousand hearts in long sleeves. Both are Shinboners in their soul, and both came home.

I still miss Waitey a lot, but Jasper makes it more bearable. (And I know, I said the same thing about LT on here a few pages back! This players retiring thing is hard. Wish they could all just stay. Like a farm. A retired player farm, where they could have their own little matches in green fields under the trees and you could just go and hang out and watch.)

Anyways, back to the Jasper Thread - we love you Jasper! Please stay in the blue and white forever.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
This players retiring thing is hard. Wish they could all just stay. Like a farm. A retired player farm, where they could have their own little matches in green fields under the trees and you could just go and hang out and watch.

Brilliant.

Benj7

NMK🦘4 x 🏆
Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Old man was my teacher. Remember him coming in to talk about his football journey. I’m still gutted his old man didn’t give me his falcons top s**t would fetch a lot of money once he is a norm smith and 2 time premiership player.

Jasper all night long..

Jasper.gif

Back