Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

playing forward again but not sure whether it’s tanking

If we wanted to tank we’d leave him at halfback

Looks like they've decided to use him a forward tagger, so worth a try... Especially against someone like Docherty... And especially if he's gonna pull one of these out of his backside each week:

Looks like they've decided to use him a forward tagger, so worth a try... Especially against someone like Docherty... And especially if he's gonna pull one of these out of his backside each week:

He lifted in the second.
Docherty isn’t giving him any respect so if Pittard works hard to present he’s a good cheap avenue forward.

I won’t right him off if we win this.

Murphy went down pretty easy on that one though. If that is all it takes to bring him to ground he shouldn't have been able to stand up in a single tackle across his career.
Murphy has been round for 16 years and only now we realize his soft?

Why get involved. Do it after the kick not before. I know it’ll cost us.

Murphy has been round for 16 years and only now we realize his soft?

Why get involved. Do it after the kick not before. I know it’ll cost us.
I hope he never plays for us again. Nothing personal but I want my club to win games of football and he does not offer anything we’re lacking.

I’m interested to see whether Shaw makes a statement on what I believe was an inexcusable performance.

For all the accolades and plaudits dished out last Sunday I can’t see how it’s acceptable for a half back flanker to have a disposal efficiency of 52%.

No one else on the ground was that poor. You cannot be butchering the ball like that and especially coming out of defence.

The credits in the bank mantra is bullshit. On watching the replay Pittard did such a poor job on Heeney that Rhyce may have had no choice but to play Hayden on him. Im hoping Shaw makes an example and drops him, even for one game so the players start to know this is the North standard. We won’t get anywhere if we continue to accept crap.

Pittards turnovers cost us the game without a doubt and when the margin ended up being 9 points, it’s losses like these that have time and time again proven costly.

Set the standard Rhyce. One game out and then back in. Not good enough.
This was after our loss to Sydney six weeks ago.
Six losses later and the majority of this board called me out.
I was harsh. I was over the top. It was one game. He was good. Spare me.

I don’t blame Pittard. He is what he is. But Shaw’s wants to pick him each week then that’s on him.

SET THE ******* STANDARD RHYCE

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Gee when he's on and breaking tackles its great to watch.

He just needs to stop getting ahead of himself. It is painful to watch all his good efforts go to waste so quickly.

Johnny99

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2011
In a house.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
At Hawthorn, if Clarko was his coach, he wouldnt be playing next week.

I think this will tell us a lot about what sort of leader and coach Shaw is, on how he reacts to Pittard's performance today.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The carol baskin slapper has about the same IQ as Joe Exotic! What a ******* fool! He should know better than to forearm the biggest b*tch in the AFL! I blame the umps on that call and blame Carol baskins lawyers for his demise
Love this post for the Tiger King references.

Pittard does looks like Joe Exotic with that s**t haircut. If you are gonna rock something that looks like a ****ed up albino skunk then you better learn to play good footy.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Good - his job on Doherty was good and kicked a goal
Bad - that sitter he dropped in the last
Ugly - that brainfade on the 3tr time siren

Loved his effort today but his disposal has always been questionable throughout his career.

That’s him in a nutshell. Good effort, questionable skills, stupid mistakes. And he’s in our ”leadership group”.

* me.

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
Shouldn't have been a reversal. It was a dive. Pittard was pushed harder by Carlton players in the immediate aftermath and didn't even move.
He did dive but he shouldn't have pushed anyone in the first place.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Shouldn't have been a reversal. It was a dive. Pittard was pushed harder by Carlton players in the immediate aftermath and didn't even move.
I was not able to watch the game and later on, saw the two lowlights. Obviously this was one. Murphy flopped. No question. It is also true like you say that Pittard was shoved harder himself in the aftermath while the Carlton player was lying down awaiting his gift.

others here say that jasper shouldn’t have shoved Murphy but watch any game, from juniors, bush leagues, every single afl match and this crap happens without exception. Even if it is ugly it’s a part of the game. Only rarely do we see a pathetic flop like that take place, and even when it happens, few umpires reverse possession.

I have given up thoughts of north rising to meet expectations this year and it is hard to know if a 3/4 lead may have given enough momentum for a win over Carlton. I’m not enjoying football though. The whole game is becoming a farce due to the rule changes, wildly varying interpretations, inconsistencies between umpires and even from individual umpires, drug cheating by Essendon, players milking frees like Dangerfield, Selwood,hawthorn, wce and pretty much everyone else as well. And every time I see McLachlan on tv I hate the afl a little more as well.

Back