Player Watch #17: Lachie Young - NM trade pick 63 to BL for pick 70 - BL trades S.Martin to WBD - WBD trade LY to NM - welcome LY

Remove this Banner Ad

Virgin Dog

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Poster on the Dogs board thinks another is coming too. Curious to see who that turns out to be (if true).

Love the new trade/draft direction.
Left field one, but you guys were super keen on Brad Lynch back in 2018. He hasn't played a game since a very promising string of games back then. Seems to have vanished. No idea if he has a future at AFL level, but he'd be completely free as a DFA.

Rooboys Rool

Club Legend
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not sure why it would make any difference what Bulldogs offered him for next year. He is a rookie. Has rejected another contract from the Dogs. End of?

Regardless, as others have noted, trade cost would be SFA. My only concern is if the Dogs feel done over by us they may tell us to get stuffed if / when we come calling for their 1st rounder.

Dale4captain

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I’d say were trying to eek a few points out of him for our draft hand. A swap of fourth rounders or something will probably do it.

Young is decent but he just won’t get as much opportunity with us. Let him go on to greener pastures, Doggies!

wazza03

All Australian
Aug 31, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The pieces are coming together nicely. Love what Brady’s doing so far.
If Young can hold down a half back spot it releases McDonald into the midfield where he can become tagger or attacking mid.
We all saw what he was able to do this year in a tagging role. Have always felt that McDonald is being wasted in the backline, time to put him in the guts.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dazb86

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Wigan
Have to say I’m really buoyed by the positive comments about him on the Dogs board. It’s not the usual ‘stuff him, he’s no good’. They rate him.

Even better is the amount of development already in him.
There's a few on our main list I'd delist before him for sure. We're just stacked for hbf's.

King Corey

Jun 9, 2001
Windy Hill Safe Injecting Room
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
A skillful, quick half-back on the edge of an opposition list opting to take our deal over a 1 year extension at their current club.

But that's enough about Alex Morgan.

ferball

Premium Platinum
Jul 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A skillful, quick half-back on the edge of an opposition list opting to take our deal over a 1 year extension at their current club.

But that's enough about Alex Morgan.
I can't really remember but Morgs seemed a bit hard done by to me now you mention him.

In his first (of two) senior games he got 18 disposals, nine marks, two tackles and five 1%ers, mostly spoils. His second game wasn't that great but that was the only shot he got.

Hope this kid gets a better run.

Wonderdog

Team Captain
Nov 14, 2001
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I had LY in my dream team in 2019 so I watched him closely. Got some toe and can kick just looked a bit lost sometimes. Did a lot of running but not always to the right places To get a kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

groo

All Australian
Apr 18, 2009
geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is this guy any better than Tom Murphy?

The whole scenario reminds me of when North recruited Cam Thurley from Geelong. A big deal made of nothing.

Sep 29, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Savvy recruiting or hail mary desperate attempt?

Remember the names Will Sierakowski and Alex Morgan. Also savvy recruits from rookie lists which turned out to be, well, just like the rest of our recruiting recently.

Hope this one pans out differently.

RobZombie

Premium Platinum
May 18, 2012
Back In Town
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Jays, Leafs

Remember the names Will Sierakowski and Alex Morgan. Also savvy recruits from rookie lists which turned out to be, well, just like the rest of our recruiting recently.

Morgan & Sierakowski were both yet to debut when we took them on. Young at least has some senior form to go on. I thought Morgan was stiff to be cut so quickly tbh. Promising debut and injured in his 2nd game.

King Corey

Jun 9, 2001
Windy Hill Safe Injecting Room
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Morgan & Sierakowski were both yet to debut when we took them on. Young at least has some senior form to go on. I thought Morgan was stiff to be cut so quickly tbh. Promising debut and injured in his 2nd game.
Morgan also has a place in our hearts for turning against the dark side.

Handsome.B.Wonderful

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2006
Bigfooty
AFL Club
North Melbourne

North : *says literally nothing*

North fans : This seems like a desperate hail mary attempt

Thewlis Dish

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2003
Five Star Laundry
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR

Imagine if Hawthorn never recruited Josh Gibson because Simon Beaumont didn't have a big impact.

Remove this Banner Ad