Past #17: Lachie Young - NM trade #63 for LY in '20 trade period - delisted end '23 - 39 NM games / 1 NM goal - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Under the little-known AFL rule, if a player is offered a third year on the rookie list he can reject it and automatically become a free agent and move to his club of choice.

However the Dogs say they did offer Young a position on the primary list and that they will force a trade with North Melbourne. He informed the Bulldogs on Monday of his decision.

Ah, article has been updated. They can take pick 111.

They got a few good youngsters not getting enough game time like Lipinski or Lewis young both would be handy
Would take Lipinski in a heart beat.

Under the little-known AFL rule, if a player is offered a third year on the rookie list he can reject it and automatically become a free agent and move to his club of choice.

However the Dogs say they did offer Young a position on the primary list and that they will force a trade with North Melbourne. He informed the Bulldogs on Monday of his decision.

That article has been edited since GR first posted it...

So basically they got wind of the pending offer from us and offered him a spot on the senior list to force us to trade. AFL response will be interesting

Is a weird response but will get sorted one way or the other. There'll be proof either way if they offered a senior deal or rookie list deal and if it's the former we trade light for a rookie in good faith or worst case scenario he's our PSD addition.

Is a weird response but will get sorted one way or the other. There'll be proof either way if they offered a senior deal or rookie list deal and if it's the former we trade light for a rookie in good faith or worst case scenario he's our PSD addition.

I doubt it will even get to that. Dogs clearly trying to flex, but will back down and let him walk. It’s not worth the effort, unless they want pick 118.

If Hayden left, we would have done the same and just let him walk.

Luff/Brady will already have a plan for pick 2 in PSD & I think will be a bigger get then Young.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, should we have stayed quiet about this for a little bit longer?

I assume that Lachie told the Dogs today that he was signing with North. His management (mentioned in that article) would have leaked the story. Dogs throw a tantrum and now claim that they offered him a list spot.

Good on Young, gets a senior contract regardless. Makes no sense that the Young camp would say they didn’t offer him a senior spot, and now they claim they did.

Someone is lying, and my money is on the Bulldogs.

They are currently scrambling to convince themselves that some holding emails to the manager amounted to an "offer".

They should read the chapter on offers in this book before they waste Peter Gordon's time.

1603713888486.png

'Young, who is managed by Elevation Sports Agency with Michael Oakes and Mark Micallef, is believed to have been buoyed by the opportunities and approach from the Roos' on their future. '

I know we delisted Jade Rawlings but can we trade him and Lachie Veale for Young?

Too bad for the dogs. There will be a paper trail. Get a forensics team in there to see if we contacted him first and if so fine the dogs for lying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back