Senior 17. Lawson Humphries (2023 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be vintage West Coast to watch us develop Lawson into a superstar and then offer him big money to come back.

Second coming of Tim Kelly, seeing as that worked out so well the first time for them.

If Lawson is anything like TK, I'd prefer we keep him this time around.

Although, the irony in this situation is we were going to win that deal whichever way it eventuated.
If we can turn pick 63 into a gun player that stays or a gun player that goes, either option will be a strong net positive on a #63.

But the reality is most players selected that late don't often make it.

The West Coast eagles played to a high standard this year too haha
I dare say East Fremantle would have given them a run for their money this year.😛
We seem to do OK with the WAFL and SANFL - maybe our recruiting guys over here and in SA are astute.
Here’s hoping Humphries follows in the footsteps of Menegola and Close……

This chap looks more Jarmaine Jones than Tim Kelly. The former has proven a very useful player for WC and may have played more bar injury.

This chap looks more Jarmaine Jones than Tim Kelly. The former has proven a very useful player for WC and may have played more bar injury.

Thats exactly who he reminds me of - a bigger in body size slightly taller version of JJ - and in all due respects hopefully a better version of Jones

Mind you - JJ is a far better player at the Eagles - because by his own admission he is super fit - got an athletics coach - so Jones now has got good pace and a good turn of foot - he never had those attributes at Geel - because he wasnt properly fit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats exactly who he reminds me of - a bigger in body size slightly taller version of JJ - and in all due respects hopefully a better version of Jones

Mind you - JJ is a far better player at the Eagles - because by his own admission he is super fit - got an athletics coach - so Jones now has got good pace and a good turn of foot - he never had those attributes at Geel - because he wasnt properly fit
JJ is a good little player now. A good kid and glad he found his spot. Humphries is better at locking down and doesn't provide the run JJ does.

JJ is a good little player now. A good kid and glad he found his spot. Humphries is better at locking down and doesn't provide the run JJ does.

It was quite humorous 2 years back Geel flogged W/Coast at KP by nearly a century , a 90 plus point margin

And later in the year the Swans played W/Coast at KP , and they flogged them as well by i think exactly the same margin

When the teams were walking off at h/time , there was a big melee nearly every player on the ground involved , and right in the middle of that were the 2 agitators , Jones and a Swans bloke and they were going for it

When they finally separated everyone , Josh Kennedy of the Eagles walked up to Jones and patted him on the head - as to say we are getting absolutely annihilated , but you just then showed a bit of spirit and flew the teams flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back