Past #17: Mitchell Hibberd - won't be offered a new contract - thanks for your efforts Mitch

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Hibberd and Hartung very confusing delistings for mine. Even if we landed Gaff, Polec and Hall.

Hibberd has a lot going for him, great tank, size and reads the play well.

Farewell fellow BFNAAKer. Good luck Mitch sorry you were part of our mysterious youth policy that existed solely in the year of 2017.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Should have been given an extended opportunity in McDonald's role this year, but Scott was too much of a coward to drop him.

Has has heap of upside and wouldn't surprise me at all if he is given an opportunity elsewhere.

What's McMillan offer that Hibberd doesn't? there is an argument there that Hibberd is a better defender and equally at home to accumulating the footy.
I guess we will see just how good he is if someone else picks him up. My money is on no one doing so.

Limited footballer whose injuries took away his best attribute, that being his athleticism. VFL is his level and i hope for his sake that he enjoys a long and fruitful career there if he so desires.

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
He obviously wasn't doing something at VFL level we needed him to, or we thought his game wouldn't translate effectively to AFL level. Hard to say without being among the coaches.

Hibberd and Hartung very confusing delistings for mine. Even if we landed Gaff, Polec and Hall.

Hibberd has a lot going for him, great tank, size and reads the play well.

Farewell fellow BFNAAKer. Good luck Mitch sorry you were part of our mysterious youth policy that existed solely in the year of 2017.
McMahon must seriously not rate BLewis and any of his selections
Wagner Gone
Hibbered Gone
One of Clarke/Mountford will defs be Gone according to Nick Bowen
Fordham Gone
Preuss Trade
Nielson Gone
Durdin (Saved by contract)

Jack Bradley

Premiership Player
Jul 14, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wagner Gone
Hibbered Gone
Fordham Gone
Preuss Trade
Nielson Gone
Well to be honest they have all been super disappointing bar pruess who looks to be gone

North1411

Team Captain
Mar 12, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I always hoped he would come through, i loved how he put on a special food platter when the North recruitment team came around. It would have been nice for him to get a crack this year, but he did struggle with disposal at AFL level and going by his numbers in the VFL, it must have been an issue there, because some weeks he racking them up, but no where near best on.

Good luck Mitch all the best

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wagner Gone
Hibbered Gone
Fordham Gone
Preuss Trade
Nielson Gone

It’s been a long time since we actually nailed a draft.

It’s been a long time since we actually nailed a draft.
2012 and 2013 look good. 2014 and 2015 are looking ******* disastrous

upload_2018-9-4_14-36-53.png

upload_2018-9-4_14-37-11.png

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
2012 and 2013 look good. 2014 and 2015 are looking ******* disastrous

View attachment 553974

View attachment 553975
I'd argue that in 2016 and 17 the 2015 crop were looking the goods. McKay is still promising, Clarke's played a lot of games and I personally would be staggered if we cut him, and both Hibberd and Mountford looked decent value picks.

Everything seems to have changed this year, and I would suggest a large part of that is not only the lack of opportunity that most of them have been given, but the knowledge that with Brad's selection policy this year that the opportunity won't be there. It must be ******* demoralizing for players in the VFL to see McDonald do what he did all season yet not get dropped, and Hrovat do 4 5ths of * all in either the AFL or VFL yet be the first choice inclusion etc.

Or maybe the new list manager just doesn't rate them at all, but then again, he doesn't have a say in the selection. naturally north has implied a number of times that Brad runs that area as all but an autocrat.

arden station

Cancelled
May 3, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Our big problem compared to other clubs over the years has been that the athletes we have chosen - who can travel 15-16km at a good clip with acceleration included - have not made it.

People say that the modern game favours the athlete over the pure footballer but sides going back to the 80s have had great runners but they've always had to be able to play the game as well.

The difference now is that the top sides have around 15 to 16 of their 22 capable of covering 15-16km in a game. We don't have that - not by a long shot. None of our back 7 are good endurance runners when you look at their preseason times and kms travelled on match day and that is in direct contrast to how the best sides set up.

Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
Preuss doesn't look to be anything. That's trade board talk only.
That's bullshit.

Looked promising af in his 8 senior games and was held out of the team by probably the 3rd-5th best ruck this season...

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back