Past #17: Mitchell Hibberd - won't be offered a new contract - thanks for your efforts Mitch

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing for Mitch. All indications were he was going to be continued with, as I'd mentioned on here in an earlier post… but that's footy.

He'd be gutted no doubt…

Someone posted a few pages back that we must have a few irons in the fire… I'd say that's a very correct assumption for this to happen!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

"Mitch is another player starved of opportunities this season due to the form of those ahead of him, in the senior side," North GM Football Cameron Joyce told North Media.

Hibberd had a career-high 22 possessions in Round 16 against the Dockers last season, playing as a half-back.

This year he played 16 games in the VFL under coach David Loader.

"We wish Mitchell all the best for the future and hope he can find some more opportunities at another club."

"Mitch is another player starved of opportunities this season due to the form of those ahead of him, in the senior side," North GM Football Cameron Joyce told North Media.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

* me! what form?
Not advocating Hibberd deserved a game but gee whiz Cam we went ******* swimmingly in the last 3 months didnt we lol

**** me! what form?
Not advocating Hibberd deserved a game but gee whiz Cam we went ******* swimmingly in the last 3 months didnt we lol

Yeh that old chestnut yet again eh?

Sure, Cameron, to quote the philosopher Dr. N.Bartos this must've been every senior players end of year self-assessment:

NevilleBartos.png

Hibberd and Hartung very confusing delistings for mine. Even if we landed Gaff, Polec and Hall.

Hibberd has a lot going for him, great tank, size and reads the play well.

Farewell fellow BFNAAKer. Good luck Mitch sorry you were part of our mysterious youth policy that existed solely in the year of 2017.

Was gifted games in 2017 as we decided finishing in a lowly spot was advantageous. Same as we gifted Mountford games. As sad as it is to see a young guys AFL career go up in smoke I'm from a selfish pov extremely happy with this current list clean out. Needed to happen.

The guys we've moved on could all play and play in a side that could finish 13th-9th every single year.

**** me! what form?

My thoughts exactly. We have one of the worst half back lines in the comp.

Brads failure to ever drop His favourites in McMillan, McDonald and Wright is going to damage our depth next season.

Jesus Christ 2 years ago we went through a mini rebuild and now our list managers feel it’s the right time to delist a heap of developing guys in the 20-25 age bracket? ******* stupid.

Last edited:
Was gifted games in 2017 as we decided finishing in a lowly spot was advantageous. Same as we gifted Mountford games. As sad as it is to see a young guys AFL career go up in smoke I'm from a selfish pov extremely happy with this current list clean out. Needed to happen.

The guys we've moved on could all play and play in a side that could finish 13th-9th every single year.

If that had been our aim last year how come we never actually sacrificed experience from the senior side unless form absolutely demanded it and let fate decide it instead? Why did we romp up to Brisbane at the death with our best lineup?

Don't think you'll find too many who would disagree with that, but that line from Joyce's is ******* bullshit. He's taking us all, including Mitch, for ******* mugs when he says that it's the form of the senior players that keep them out. He can't honestly expect too many to just swallow that Wright and JMac couldn't have been rested/rotated throughout the season, and McDonald didn't deserve to be dropped on a regular basis. The same goes for when Brad gave those excuses for McKay not getting an opportunity because Tarrant and Thompson were performing too well.

Again, if we replace him with a better player, who's established and will actually play, and not just pick 77 in the draft, then I have no real issue with this. But if we're just replacing them with another mid-range pick who will face the same lack of opportunity from a coach who doesn't give these guys a chance, then what's the point?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cannot have both Clarke and mitch on the same list great runners but both crap at disposal would be surprised if another club didn't try to pick him up

Geebus you *ers ask too many questions:p

I'm.Not.A.Fan.Of.Joyce! So you can ask away and i'll manipulate all I can to paint a picture of total incompetence. And yes I agree he stating guys that were always going to be delisted are close to getting a go is total rubbish and extremely unprofessional.

Pretty dissappointed by this.. one of our only ball winners who isn't in the AFL side.. We have so many players who only average 10-15 touches. As Pykie said we must have a few irons that are pretty hot for this to happen.

That's bullshit.

Looked promising af in his 8 senior games and was held out of the team by probably the 3rd-5th best ruck this season...

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think you might have missed Firestarters point, I may be wrong but I think he means Preuss may not be traded, not that he isn't a player. Just how I read it at least (A Preuss believer)

My thoughts exactly. We have one of the worst half back lines in the comp.

Brads failure to ever drop His favourites in McMillan, McDonald and Wright is going to damage our depth next season.

Jesus Christ 2 years ago we went through a mini rebuild and now our list managers feel it’s the right time to deist a heap of developing guys in the 20-25 age bracket? ******* stupid.
Pathetic that Wright and Macmillan kept getting games over Hibberd

I want brad sacked just so we can stop seeing those 2 plodders play in our side

**** me! what form?

That quote is incredible.

It's bordering on propaganda.

Not sure if these numbers are right but named in the bests once this year in the VFL from 16 games? Not exactly breaking the door down.

http://websites.sportstg.com/team_info.cgi?c=1-118-187079-477472-26138796&a=STATS
Pretty misleading tbh. Usually was one of the highest possession winners each week. Started off running through the guts, then had to drop into the backline to cover injuries etc. Form was pretty consistent each week, battled on with a knee injury for a lot of the year. Imo. Those figures also show Nash Holmes to only figure once as well, that is even less believable imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back