Past #17: Mitchell Hibberd - won't be offered a new contract - thanks for your efforts Mitch

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks a completely different player from what i saw at North. maybe worth another shot

I have been telling all in Sunbury on here, the bloke's condition is next level compared to half the AFL players you see these days.

Groin guru I think you'd approve of the temple Mitch has constructed for himself.

I have been telling all in Sunbury on here, the bloke's condition is next level compared to half the AFL players you see these days.

Groin guru I think you'd approve of the temple Mitch has constructed for himself.
It really does mystify belief that he was let go. When we drafted him we knew he had a terrific work ethic and was a machine for his size. How he wasn't tried as an inside mid boggles the mind. I know his body let him down a few times but it's still ridiculous. It's not like we were pushing for a flag and needed the list spots. I'd get him back. I wanted Constable. Hibberd will do. Very rare you get a person that size with that sort of endurance!

And yet Jeremy McGovern is one of the best players in the league.

Don't do this.

Why not?

I've said plenty of times that Mitch got a crappy deal with us, played out of position, and I reckon he's good enough for another crack at senior footy. Essington would be mad not to offer him a spot.

But just pointing out his "condition" as a qualification begs the response that some of the best players don't have a third of his condition.

Why not?

I've said plenty of times that Mitch got a crappy deal with us, played out of position, and I reckon he's good enough for another crack at senior footy. Essington would be mad not to offer him a spot.

But just pointing out his "condition" as a qualification begs the response that some of the best players don't have a third of his condition.

I know you're just stirring here.

Yes a top few percentile in the AFL have such a high level of natural ability for their position that they can get away with slightly sub-optimal condition for an AFL player and still get away with it. McGovern, Waite, Wells et al.

For the vast majority excepting those with some extreme quirk - eg those that are super quick or super tall - the conditioning would play a big part in dictating output.

Having witnessed Mitch's dedication to his craft I'd be very surprised if a fair chunk of the list have (pre-Shaw) been applying the same attention to detail and discipline to extracting everything out of their talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know you're just stirring here.

If I were stirring I'd say that you and the other bloke are having a milk race over Mitch, which tbh I reckon is as good an explanation as any.

Mitch won't die wondering. Not sure Garner will be able to say the same...

source.gif

Absolutely ridiculous he was delisted considering who we kept and-or delisted.

Plus he was never played in his ideal role. He isn't and never was a HBF.

I wish him the best regardless of the club he now plays for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back