17 round season..

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't remember which footy show I saw it on but someone was saying you could call the H&A season done after 13 or 14 games and it's no more compromised than the 22 games we've accepted for the past few decades.

While true I'm not sure I buy the argument that our starting position is so unfair to begin with that it makes no difference - if that were a fair argument where were all these people for the last 2 decades?

While true I'm not sure I buy the argument that our starting position is so unfair to begin with that it makes no difference - if that were a fair argument where were all these people for the last 2 decades?

Hosting millionaire hot seat?

Shortened quarters are a bad idea in the long run. It'll lead to more congestion as players have less time to fatigue.

Well if the media have their way, then they're here to stay.

Speaking of the media - they can GAGF. If I hear again how interesting it is that teams are playing with no crowds, how it affects games, and how good it is that teams have to create their own atmosphere I f***en kick my own TV in!

The game is better/more interesting that there's no one there?? Great for you to say, who are paid to attend games whilst the rest of us are exiled. Wonderful to know that the game is better off without us plebs investing in it. Thrilled to know the game is more pure with only strategy and 'numerics' dictating what's going on and that the emotion and atmosphere we provide distorts the game.

Every game played so far has been less than it should have been because those who don't have to be involved but choose to be are excluded. Every game has been soulless. Yeah, we got a couple of close ones today - but don't tell me that they were better because no one was there.

I get that they have to pump up the games somehow, but dont tell us that the games are in any way better because we weren't there.

Last edited:
17 rounds might be too many still

Might need conferences to reduce it further
2 groups of 9
8 games For each team
Top 2 in each conference go thro

thus a 8 round season plus 2 finals
10 weeks
We’ve already played 1 so only 9 weeks Left
Can easily get this all done starting in October even
Read the tea leaves.

3 weeks ago we were talking about moving the Shanghai game to Melbourne.

2 weeks ago we were talking about how at some time during the season we MIGHT have to play with no crowds.

1 week ago we decided to play with no crowds and shorten the season.

Today we have postponed the season.

It's not happening. Things are going to get a lot worse before they get better and when they get better the country is going to be in economic ruin. We're more chance of not going ahead next year than we are finishing this season.

Last edited:
Keen to see what the AFL is working on for the remainder of this season.

Return to play date is meant to be announced in the coming weeks and it looks like the season will go ahead.

Draft confirmed for 2020 a well.

Conferences will be s**t.

This will be a conference:
Adelaide (Biggest SA club)
Carlton
Collingwood
Essendon
Richmond
Hawthorn
Geelong
West Coast (Biggest WA club)
Sydney (Biggest NSW club)