Sam Frost - traded to Hawthorn. Farewell Frostball

Remove this Banner Ad

FROST%20Sam.png

MFC Profile

I'm in the manority but I like him, got better with every game he played in defence, the position he was recruited playing in.

Last edited:

Not sure if he'll be best 22 going forward - it's ironic that we traded for the pick we got OMac with in he same trade that got us Frost - but he's a likely type when he understands his limitations.

Can't believe it took so long to put him in the position he actually plays well. But now he's in defence he's very much at home in our best 22. Offers as tall, but provides plenty of offensive run which seems to be what our defence is about these days

Important player for us going forward. His athleticism for a guy his size is huge for us. Goes ok on the big #1 stay at home forwards which frees up TMac as he's better suited on a running forward. He's still young too isn't he??

Important player for us going forward. His athleticism for a guy his size is huge for us. Goes ok on the big #1 stay at home forwards which frees up TMac as he's better suited on a running forward. He's still young too isn't he??
Underrated second ruck too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love it when commentators who hardly ever watch Melbourne see him hit top gear. That first reaction :D

I feel better seeing Frosty in the side. Should remain a fixture in the back six for the rest of the season for mine.

Love it when commentators who hardly ever watch Melbourne see him hit top gear. That first reaction :D

I feel better seeing Frosty in the side. Should remain a fixture in the back six for the rest of the season for mine.
It's brilliant isn't it, but fair enough tho, a bloke his size, both height and weight, has no business being able to hit those sorts of speeds, genuine freak.

It's brilliant isn't it, but fair enough tho, a bloke his size, both height and weight, has no business being able to hit those sorts of speeds, genuine freak.
Also it's the effect of the speed while looking a bit as though he should have a bolt through his head that always provokes a reaction.

Also it's the effect of the speed while looking a bit as though he should have a bolt through his head that always provokes a reaction.
It's also particularly impressive when you consider that he's got a fair bit of wind resistance sticking out either side of his face.

Watched the replay, when he smothered Colyers kick Brad Johnson is like 'he should have taken Frost on and used his speed'.

He literally ran past Tippa like 5 minutes before Johnson are you watching the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back