Sam Frost - traded to Hawthorn. Farewell Frostball

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Glad to keep him. Certainly has his flaws but he's a weapon on his day and we shouldn't be letting players like him go unless we have a smorgasboard of quality players to select in his place. We don't, whether we add Lever or not.

How we gonna get Lever now?

Pick 10 + Stretch won't be enough. Probably need to throw in at least one juicy piece, maybe a 2018 first rounder.

Surely TMac and OMac don't become trade bait but I think we can't have them two, Lever, Hogan in the same team as Frost, for me, is clearly best 18 with his athleticism and pace. Watts is a similar case to those two, we seem to not need a second tall let alone a guy who plays his best footy as a lead up forward who chops out in the ruck. Especially since Pedo has been playing so well.
Stretch only re-signed this year.

I'm wondering if Watts genuinely comes into the equation.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Great news.

And can we stop talking like Lever is part of our team! He's no lock to get to us, and I'm a little concerned as to how much we're going to have to give up to get him. 2 first round picks is way overs. So it more than likely means a player of decent quality will go. I'm still not ruling out Tyson or Watts going to Carlton or Kangas for an early 2nd rounder which we pass on to Adelaide with our first rounder. But until I hear Lever has signed with us, I'm not going to talk him up as a Dees player..

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Great news.

And can we stop talking like Lever is part of our team! He's no lock to get to us, and I'm a little concerned as to how much we're going to have to give up to get him. 2 first round picks is way overs. So it more than likely means a player of decent quality will go. I'm still not ruling out Tyson or Watts going to Carlton or Kangas for an early 2nd rounder which we pass on to Adelaide with our first rounder. But until I hear Lever has signed with us, I'm not going to talk him up as a Dees player..

Who is talking like he is a lock to us? Every post is prefaced with an 'if'.

Great news.

Strong avatar to post ratio, very MFC. ;)

If we gave up Watts for a second rounder I'd be filthy, at his average level the last two seasons perhaps but there has been plenty of games he he's been way above that. And wen on he makes everyone around him better too. Tyson I like too, if he could have a Joneseque off season and learn how to deliver the ball he could be huge for us in the future.

On Lever, we can only hope.

Last edited:

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
That'll be the way to go, otherwise if they want to play T-Mac down then O-Mac won't get a game. We get Lever and our backline is set.

I don't think OMac would be the one to drop out. Played 20 games this year after missing a couple of rounds early... clearly the coach likes the way he goes about it, and he played some solid football in the second half of the season.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Great news.

I don't think we will trade Tyson, not with Vince on the outer potentially, Lewis and Jones are also getting on so I reckon Tyson stays. I feel Watts would be packaged with pick 10 for Lever, but I don't know how Adelaide would buy that? Where would they play Watts? CHB?

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Then TMac needs to play forward if we get Lever. Can't have all 4 in that backline.

I agree, and would play TMac forward. Going off the last few games of the year, it's Frost who should be worried if Goodwin decides to run with Hogan, Pedo, Watts as the tall forwards.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
If Lever goes to collingwood now it would just cap this year off
It's the kind of deal I could see happening. Collingwood paying 600k for him for 4 years. They'd have the cash, and they might off load Mayne but they'd need to pay him out. Collingwood would have a high pick I'd presume? Plus they'd throw in a player, don't know who though.

I agree, and would play TMac forward. Going off the last few games of the year, it's Frost who should be worried if Goodwin decides to run with Hogan, Pedo, Watts as the tall forwards.
Agreed. I think the fact he re-signed shows a great level of competitiveness and confidence as to where we are heading as individuals and among the playing group.

This will be to all the talls benefit.

Seems we have the mods sorted but heaps of competition among the forwards and defenders.

Pedo 4 Prez

Draftee
Aug 14, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Two more years of the gun show!! Probs the most jacked dude in the league haha - very happy he's signed on.

Back