Delisted #17 Will Gould

Remove this Banner Ad

ALYwsQmF.jpg

Will Gould

Player Profile

A hard-running key defender departed South Australian club Glenelg for the Sydney Swans at the 2019 AFL Draft, joining the club via pick 26. Will Gould averaged 21.5 disposals, 4.5 marks and 7.2 rebound 50s per match as South Australia’s captain in the 2019 AFL Under-18 Championships, a glowing campaign resulting in back-to-back All Australian selection. He also averaged 19.7 possessions, 5.2 marks and 6.5 rebound 50s per match for Glenelg in 2019, while he recorded a match-high eight rebound 50s in his side’s SANFL Grand Final victory over Port Adelaide.

Will Gould

DOB: 14 January 2001
DRAFT: 2019
RECRUITED FROM: Glenelg (SANFL)

Last edited:
Sounds like a pretty good pick up. Slot him as the 3rd big defender with rampe and aliir once he's ready. Also need the foot skills with McVeigh leaving. Looks much faster and stronger than melican already. Maybe helps move mills up the ground at times as well?

You guys have got an absolute ripper in Will Gould ... think of a slightly taller Shannon Hurn with a bit more dash but not quite the laser like boot .
Will still has a heap of penetration and accuracy with his kicking and is a true 70 metre player which will be invaluable at the SGC .
No doubt in my mind that he debuts in 2020 and once he does i doubt he drops out unless it is for injury or body management .

You guys have got an absolute ripper in Will Gould ... think of a slightly taller Shannon Hurn with a bit more dash but not quite the laser like boot .
Will still has a heap of penetration and accuracy with his kicking and is a true 70 metre player which will be invaluable at the SGC .
No doubt in my mind that he debuts in 2020 and once he does i doubt he drops out unless it is for injury or body management .
Thanks SP

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

image.gif

Coming out of the back half via Gould onto the wing with Reid, could be an excellent partnership.
can't see Reid on the wing.. Players like Taylor, Stephens, Blakey, Cunningham, McInerny, Foot, Ling, Dawson etc...... would probably get that spot before Reid.
But I could see Reid sharing the wing and half forward spots with a player like Foot, Taylor McInerny, Ling, Stephens.. One tall mobile, the other small and very quick. Create confusion and mis-matches ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm loving the Will Gould iso videos.

Most players' vids are 'here I am practising my golf swing.'

Gould's are tales of life and death and man's battle versus nature.

I'm loving the Will Gould iso videos.

Most players' vids are 'here I am practising my golf swing.'

Gould's are tales of life and death and man's battle versus nature.
Will be saying that about his career one day.

In real life , I am not as optimistic, nor positive, as I tend to be when occasionally posting here BF SSFC .

However, the drama we are all facing is GOOD for Swans.
One game told us we had a reasonable ruck. Not like Grundy but a huge improvement.

We have young recruits who are keen to go, after briefly getting several pay checks/deposits, bigger than their yearly pocket money!

Ours are different.!
Gould is an old fashion pride, proven leader (SA captain!) from a ghost town farm in the backblocks of SE SA

Stephens is a life long, football scholarship person. All he knows. YET. he needs some weight and maturing.

Brady from Mildura will be a 200+game superstar! ;) :thumbsu:

This gives MUCH MORE to those types, than it does with glamour boys who have long gone ago, physically matured to be able to dominate junior football. SEE GCS list!
Edit: yes ,I realise you think Gould is there. physically, football wise YES, not socially - impossible but time will help him!

Stay safe everyone! we WILL BEAT this f'kn china virus!

Last edited:
Was coming to see if anyone knows why he wasn't playing? Was ready to go is he injured? Cheers.

Was coming to see if anyone knows why he wasn't playing? Was ready to go is he injured? Cheers.
Initially it looked like it took a while for Horse to play the kids, since then he's probably been a little bit behind some of the others in the scratch matches. I think he'll get a crack soon.

Fitness might not've been up to scratch either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back